Our graduates have experienced personal and professional success in a variety of fields after leaving our program:
- Vanessa Lopez San Miguel gained a Master’s degree in 2012 with a specialization in Educational Innovation. As part of her degree she developed an innovative integration of several successful school-community-family partnership strategies. She is now working as an independent consultant in the Washington, D.C., area in the field of ecology of learning and school-community-family partnerships.
- Sandra Gaviria Monsalve gained a Master’s degree in Education in 2012 with a specialization in Educational Innovation. As part of her Master’s degree she developed a highly original approach to teaching second language acquisition to emergent adults (ages 21-26), using 21st-century skills and technology to enrich the learning environment. She is now applying this approach to an evening and weekend learning program at Universidad EAFIT in Medellin, Colombia.
- Malinda Gosvig gained a Master’s degree in Education in 2012, with a specialization in Secondary Teaching. She intends to become a secondary English teacher, and as she progresses toward this goal, she is pursuing an MFA in creative writing from the University of Minnesota. Malinda has a website with many of her accomplishments in writing and teaching.
- Hillary Swanson gained her Master of Arts in Teaching at MUM in 2006 and then went on to teach at the High Tech High Schools in San Francisco and San Diego, California. She is currently a graduate student at University of California, Berkeley, pursuing a combined graduate degree in physics and science education.
- Ashutosh Kumar teaches physics at Central High School in Omaha, Nebraska, and is also a trained International Baccalaureate teacher. He graduated with his Master of Arts in Teaching degree in 2006.
- Richard Incorvia taught English at Van Buren High School in Keosauqua, Iowa, after graduating with his Master of Arts in Teaching in 2005, then secured a position at Maharishi School in Fairfield. He has developed an innovative middle school curriculum that integrates social studies and literature with science and mathematics. You can visit his professional website here.
- Kush Passi received a BA in Mathematics and a Master of Arts in Teaching from MUM He has been teaching mathematics at Washington Junior High School in Washington, Iowa, since 2004.
- Greg Holland received a BFA in painting from MUM in 2002 as well as a BA in Secondary Education. He taught art at Fairfield Middle School in Fairfield, Iowa, and photography at Maharishi School in Fairfield. He is currently teaching part time while he pursues a career in the fine arts. His professional art website is here.
- Gwen Marcellis received a BA in Art as well as Elementary and Secondary Education from MUM in 2001. She began her teaching career as a third grade teacher, then switched to middle school art. She is currently the middle school art specialist at Evans Middle School in Ottumwa, Iowa.