Explore ancient wisdom in the light of Maharishi Vedic Science and examine the latest research on consciousness.
In this program you will:
- Pursue inner growth and develop your full potential
- Study profound Vedic knowledge
- Investigate scientific research on brain physiology and consciousness
- Practice the Transcendental Meditation® technique
What is Maharishi Vedic Science?
Maharishi Vedic Science (MVS) has its source in the ancient Vedic tradition of India. The term “Vedic” is derived from the Sanskrit word “Veda,” which means “knowledge.”
MVS connects this ancient tradition of knowledge, as brought to light by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, with the discoveries of modern science to help answer fundamental questions about life. Maharishi worked for years with scientists, educators, and Vedic scholars to develop an integrated approach to knowledge, unifying diverse fields of study.
When you study MVS, you’ll become familiar with this approach, identifying the principles that connect all subjects and exploring the nature of your own inner self and how it relates to the outside world. You’ll also learn how this knowledge can be applied to practical situations to help create a more peaceful and harmonious world.
What you’ll learn
- How the brain functions during meditation practice
- How you can help create peace in your surrounding environment
- How to read Sanskrit for its effects on the physiology
- How Vedic knowledge can be applied to different philosophies
- How to work with others, write, research, communicate, and create in new ways
- See a full list of courses in the major here ➤
Will this program prepare me for the workplace?
Yes – the BA in Consciousness and Human Potential (CHP) is a liberal arts degree program that focuses on personal growth and builds a strong basis for further career development in any area.
Our holistic degree program – which consists of thought-provoking classes, a healthy routine, daily meditation, and more – will help foster vital skills that employers value, such as creative thinking and problem solving, enhanced cognitive function, improved efficiency, and greater clarity and organization of thought.