Entrance Requirements for the PhD in Maharishi Vedic Science
The following is projected for students entering the university in 2020-21 and is subject to change.
Students applying for the PhD in Maharishi Vedic Science must satisfy the following requirements:
- Hold an MA in Maharishi Vedic Science
- Have at least one additional year of formal study of Maharishi Vedic Science or experience in professions involving the implementation of Maharishi Vedic Science
- Practice the TM-Sidhi® program, which accelerates the personal growth gained from the Transcendental Meditation® technique, for at least one year.
- Complete the PhD application essay. The purpose of this essay is for you to demonstrate your holistic and logical thinking. Please discuss this question: Why does Maharishi refer to the Richo Akshare verse as the master key verse of the Vedic literature? To help you organize your thoughts, read Introduction to Maharishi Vedic University, pages 170-185, and refer to the translation of the Richo Akshare verse below from your Vedic expressions handouts:
Your essay should:
- be written for an audience of other meditating college students who are not familiar with the principles of Maharishi Vedic Science
- be 1500-2000 words and double-spaced throughout
- include 3-4 quotes properly cited from Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
- use APA referencing style. You should have a list of references cited, but you do not need to write an abstract
- define all technical terms of Maharishi Vedic Science used