MS in Maharishi Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine Online
Become a Next-Generation Healer
In this program you gain valuable knowledge about AyurVeda, India’s ancient prevention-oriented system of natural medicine. You’ll study mind-body types, traditional pulse reading, and diet and lifestyle changes for optimal health. Most graduates will be certified as Maharishi AyurVeda Practitioners.
What is Maharishi AyurVeda?
Ayurveda — which means “science of life” — is a traditional system of medicine originating in ancient India. Ayurveda is a comprehensive, prevention-oriented system of natural health that addresses the body, mind and environment of the individual in order for optimal wellness.
MUM teaches Maharishi AyurVeda℠, a unique form of ayurveda that has been re-evaluated from a scientific perspective for modern day use. Our programs integrate Maharishi AyurVeda with the modern, scientific understanding of health to take an integrated approach to medicine.
Learn from Home
Our three-year part-time online program provides a flexible schedule, allowing students to continue their current jobs and activities. The average amount of work required for this program is 8 to 9 hours per week, which includes class time and assignments.
You’ll also participate in an annual five-day in-residence training course on our Fairfield, Iowa campus, during which you’ll learn clinical applications of this knowledge.
What You’ll Learn
In the MS program, you’ll learn the basics of a range of natural therapeutic techniques, including:
- Beneficial herbal supplements for specific imbalances and organ systems
- Traditional purification therapies
- Principles of biological rhythms and their effects on health
- An introduction to the fundamentals of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Clinical applications of homeopathy
Read more about courses in the program ➤
- Practice the Transcendental Meditation® (TM) technique to reduce stress, boost creativity, and enhance your ability to learn
- Enjoy the support of an online community of enthusiastic peers and experienced professors who will guide your studies every step of the way
Our program gives students real-world training to practice health care with a scientific but natural approach rooted in the knowledge of Maharishi AyurVeda.
Through lectures, discussions, and live case studies during the annual in-residence sessions, you’ll receive hands-on practical training and gain the experience you need to practice confidently after graduation.
As certified Maharishi AyurVeda Practitioners, graduates of our MS will be qualified to work in partnership with licensed health practitioners, in wellness clinics, or independently (as allowed by state law).