MBA in Sustainable Business
Take part in the transition to a sustainable economy
Companies large and small are now recognizing the importance of sustainability, and new opportunities in the area abound. Our MBA in Sustainable Business will train you in how to create or support a profitable business that offers life-sustaining products and services while helping you grow into the best person you can be.
In our MBA in Sustainable Business program, you will:
- Gain cutting-edge knowledge about sustainable business from nationally recognized faculty
- Learn how a business can help the environment while still being profitable
- Practice the Transcendental Meditation technique daily to reduce stress, enhance clear thinking, and support your personal growth
- Enjoy the support of a community of fellow students, entrepreneurs, and businesspeople who share your vision of making the world a more sustainable place
As a student, you’ll study real-world examples of green business and “natural capitalism” — often referred to as “the next industrial revolution.”
At MUM, classes follow a block system: meaning that our students take one full-time course a month instead of balancing multiple classes, homework assignments, and exams.
In this system, you’ll have the opportunity to dive deep into the knowledge without distraction and learn without the stress typical of an MBA program.
Elements of sustainability that you’ll study in our programs include:
- Self sustainability: Developing your full mental potential, physical health, and leadership abilities
- Sustainable entrepreneurship: Creating successful “green” businesses that produce real value for society
- Sustainable business solutions: Learning techniques of continuous process improvement to sustain business success—serving the evolutionary needs of customers while eliminating waste for the business and the environment
- Sustainable management: Practicing the interpersonal and organizational skills needed to successfully carry out transformational change
- Read more about MBA courses here ➤
Apply for the MBA in Sustainable Business
Want more information?
All of our students and faculty practice the Transcendental Meditation technique daily. This technique has been scientifically proven to lower stress, enhance mental clarity, and support overall health.
In addition to meditating, you’ll be living a healthy, low-stress lifestyle: single rooms, organic vegetarian meals, and an ideal routine are standard for all of our on-campus students.
At MUM, you’ll be surrounded by fellow entrepreneurs, thinkers, and influencers who share your vision of making the world a better place. MUM’s faculty and staff are also committed to supporting your success as a professional and as a person.
In addition, the town of Fairfield has been named the entrepreneurial capital of Iowa, with Fairfield businesses holding one-third of the state’s total venture capital. Fairfield’s supportive community is an ideal place to watch your own business grow with the help of other creative entrepreneurs.
Evening/weekend and online options
This program offers an opportunity for students to earn their MBA degree while working in an internship position at Maharishi University of Management or with another institution. Click here to learn more about these options ➤
Faculty profile: Scott Herriott
Professor Herriott’s research interests include issues of cooperative strategy in business policy. Specific projects include studies of electric utility power pools, cooperative advertising, risk pooling, partial acquisitions, information channels in markets, and the implications of Maharishi Vedic Science for theories of motivation, job design, and management decisions.