Courses / Degree Requirements for MBA for Accounting Professionals
Students must successfully complete all general requirements for a master’s degree and can graduate with an MBA in Accounting by completing a minimum of 58 credits, including:
Foundational Studies (18 credits) that provide a solid interdisciplinary framework and subjects in key functional areas to build management capabilities. Students must take at least 4 of the following 8 foundational subjects in business administration, i.e., marketing, accounting, finance, operations, information systems, business law, sustainable business practices, and human resource management. (Some or all of these credits may be waived based on departmental review.)
Specialization Studies (16 credits) that provide opportunities to deepen your knowledge in financial or managerial accounting and related areas
Students can choose from any of the 4 CPA review courses or the 2 CMA review courses or 4 SAP finance courses.
Here are accounting courses that would meet your specialization requirement >
- MGT 5150 Financial Accounting Analysis
- MGT 5160 Managerial Accounting0
- MGT 5043 Financial Accounting Analysis
- MGT 5131 Business Law and Taxation
- MGT 5141 Intermediate Accounting I
- MGT 5142 Intermediate Accounting II
- MGT 5151 CPA 1: Business Environment and Concepts
- MGT 5152 CPA 2: Auditing & Attestation
- MGT 5153 CPA 3: Financial Accounting & Reporting
- MGT 5154 CPA 4: Regulation
- MGT 5161 CMA 1: Financial Planning
- MGT 5162 CMA 2: Financial Decision-Making
- MGT 5514 Enterprise Performance Management
Course offerings are subject to the recommendation of your academic advisor and calendar and faculty availability.
Electives and Practicum (sufficient number of credits to meet your graduation requirement)
Electives can be chosen from MBA classes, subject to the recommendation of your academic advisor and calendar and faculty availability. Practicum is coincident with curricular practical training (CPT), through co-operative accounting positions with business enterprises or NGOs to enhance applied business skills.