Transportation to MUM
All students should read the information below before making travel plans to MUM.
Fall 2017 Entry
- International Students — August 13 or August 14
(contact your Admissions Counselor if you need to arrive a day early)
- U.S. Students — August 14 or August 15 (10:00 am and 5:00 pm CST)
(contact your Admissions Counselor if you need to arrive a day early or need to arrive before 10:00 a.m. or after 5:00 p.m. CST)
Driving time to campus from nearby airports:
- Cedar Rapids / Eastern Iowa Airport (CID) — 85 minutes
- Des Moines Airport (DSM) 2 hours
- Moline / Quad Cities Airport (MLI) 2 hours
- MUM will provide a shuttle service on August 13-15, 2017, departing from the Cedar Rapids Airport (at 10:30 am and 2:30 pm) and the Des Moines Airport (at 10:00 am and 2:30 pm). This shuttle service can be requested by completing the Arrival and Transportation Request form.
- Coordinate rides using the MUM ride board and the MUM app.
- Contact a self-employed driver available for transport to and from local airports:
- Use a commercial shuttle service:
Maharishi University of Management is located on Iowa Route 1 at the northern edge of Fairfield, Iowa, in the southeastern part of the state. The address is 1000 N. 4th Street, Fairfield, Iowa, 52557.
Our Welcome Desk will be open from 10 am to 9:30 pm on Monday, August 14th and Tuesday, August 15th at the Argiro Student Center. If you arrive within these times, please stop by to receive your Welcome Packet, your room assignment (if you have requested on-campus housing), and assistance with your luggage.
If you arrive on campus after 9:30 pm and have requested on-campus housing, please call Campus Security at (641) 472 1115 to take you to your room.
Due to heightened security and stricter immigration policies, you might experience longer inspections at the U.S. port of entry. When booking your flights, please allow for a minimum 3-hour layover time at the airport where you will first land in the U.S. to avoid missing connecting flights and possibly spending the night at the hotel.
Here is the contact information for the university’s Principal Designated School Official (PDSO); please carry it with you when you travel. You might need it if the immigration officer requests it or if you encounter any difficulties during your immigration inspection:
Ms. Nancy Watkins
Maharishi University of Management
1000 North 4th Street, Fairfield, Iowa, 52557
Telephone: (641) 919-1944
For arrival and transportation questions, however, please contact Nahom Abegaze at (641) 919 1357
Tell us your arrival plans
No matter how you plan to get to MUM, let us make your arrival smooth and easy by filling out this very brief form.