Do you want to help people lead happier and healthier lives?
The Maharishi AyurVedaSM Wellness Consultant track prepares its students to be health educators in the field of disease prevention and health promotion. Students will study how to improve and support a person’s overall health and well-being by utilizing MUM’s Consciousness-BasedSM Approach to Health.
Becoming a wellness consultant at MUM
The program includes the following areas of study:
- Pulse reading: Learning to detect balance and imbalance in the body by feeling the pulse.
- Diet: Study of diets that balance and nourish the physiology.
- Daily and seasonal routine: Study of how to align the individual life with the daily and seasonal rhythms found within nature.
- Family health: Study of how to promote health in the areas of preconception, pregnancy, delivery, and postnatal care.
- Maharishi AyurVeda Aromatherapy: Learning to use nature’s aromatic essences for greater health and well-being.
- Maharishi Yoga Asanas: Learning to use Vedic body postures to enliven mind-body coordination and to support pure transcendental awareness, the state of yoga, as well as total brain coherence.
- Maharishi AyurVeda Wellness Consultant Training: Training students to be able to consult with clients, family, and friends to help them achieve higher levels of health and wellness through Maharishi AyurVeda.
- Maharishi AyurVeda Wellness Consultant Practicum: Practicing the knowledge of Maharishi AyurVeda with clients in a clinical setting while under the supervision of experts in Maharishi AyurVeda and modern medicine.
- Scientific foundations of health from both modern science and ancient Vedic science: Study of the foundations of biology – living systems – and human anatomy and physiology.
Program Director – Liis Mattik
Dr. Mattik has over two decades of experience in developing and teaching courses in Maharishi AyurVeda and Vedic Science. Courses taught by Dr. Mattik include: Maharishi Self-PulseTM Reading; Maharishi YogaTM Asanas; and Maharishi Diet, Digestion, and NutritionTM. She has been a teacher of the Transcendental Meditation program since 1991