MA in Maharishi Vedic Science
Explore higher states of consciousness
In our MA in Maharishi Vedic Science, you’ll explore the nature of reality, read ancient texts, relate principles of physics to Vedic knowledge, learn how to analyze and describe your experiences in meditation, and more – all while living in the supportive spiritual community of Fairfield, Iowa.
- Experience growth towards higher states of consciousness through daily meditation practice, an ideal, healthy routine, and the support of a spiritual community of like-minded people
- Immerse yourself deeply in ancient Vedic knowledge and learn how this information can be applied to daily life and world issues
- Study the science behind the Transcendental Meditation (TM) technique, advanced meditation techniques, transcendence, and enlightenment
- Optionally learn the TM-Sidhi program, a set of techniques that accelerates the personal growth experienced through meditation
What you’ll learn:
Topics you’ll study in our unique class lineup include:
- How Vedic knowledge can be applied to different philosophies, world dilemmas, and your daily life
- How to read Sanskrit for its sound value and experience its effects on specific parts of the physiology
- How the brain functions before, during, and after practice of Transcendental Meditation
- How you can help bring peace to your surrounding community through practice of the advanced TM-Sidhi technique
- See a full list of courses in the program here ➤
You’ll learn how to work with others, write, research, communicate, and create in new ways and take the same variety of courses that you would in a traditional liberal arts education while also experiencing personal and spiritual growth.
What is Maharishi Vedic Science?
Maharishi Vedic Science has its source in the ancient Vedic tradition of India. The term “Vedic” is derived from the Sanskrit word “Veda,” which means “knowledge.”
Maharishi Vedic Science brings together this ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge and the discoveries of modern science to answer fundamental questions about life.
When you study Maharishi Vedic Science, you’ll explore the nature of your own inner self and how it relates to the wider world. You’ll also learn how this knowledge can be applied to practical situations to make the world a more peaceful place.
Students in the MA in Maharishi Vedic Science listed above may add a specialization to their degree by completing additional coursework in one of the following areas:
Specialization in Advanced Maharishi Vedic Science
Specialization in Physiology and Health
Specialization in Reading the Vedic Literature
Requires 18-36 credits of coursework selected from the following:
- MVS 525: Sanskrit and Maharishi Vedic Science
- MVS 526: Sanskrit
- MVS 527: Advanced Sanskrit
- MVS 534: Readings in Vedic Literature
Specialization in Maharishi Gandharva Veda
Specialization in Maharishi Vedic Technologies
Specialization in Educational Applications of Maharishi Vedic Science
Specialization in TM Teacher Training
(Students who have successfully completed the TM Teacher Training course before they take the MA courses will automatically graduate with a specialization in TM Teacher Training)
In our three-year online MA in Maharishi Vedic Science, you will learn about the deepest level of reality through the perspectives of ancient Vedic wisdom and modern science while studying from the comfort of your own home.
Our online courses allow you to work from home on your own schedule while still gaining the benefit of supportive teachers and an online community.
The MVS Internship program offers an opportunity for students to earn their MVS degree while serving in a graduate assistant position at Maharishi University of Management. With classes meeting in the evenings and on Saturdays, students are able to undertake a graduate assistantship in a University department and earn academic credit by integrating and applying the knowledge they learn in class. The program is 3 years long.
This track of the program is ideal for international students as it offers a full financial aid package for the Master in Vedic Science (MVS) degree, which includes tuition, on-campus housing, meals, health insurance, and a monthly stipend of $400.
Become a teacher of Transcendental Meditation as part of your MA
By pursuing the Teaching Training Course (TTC) track of our MA program, you can train as a teacher of the Transcendental Meditation technique as part of your academic degree.
Career opportunities for teachers exist worldwide through The David Lynch Foundation, which has taught the TM technique to over 120,000 at-risk youth in the U.S. and around the world.
PhD in Maharishi Vedic Science
If you’ve already received your MA in Maharishi Vedic Science and wish to take your knowledge to the next level, we also offer a PhD program.
Pursue your dreams in whichever field you choose
Our MA in Maharishi Vedic Science focuses on personal, spiritual growth and builds a strong basis for further career development in any area.
Our holistic degree program will help you to enhance your creativity, deepen your critical thinking skills, and improve your writing ability, along with other vital career and life skills.
Faculty profile: Thomas Egenes
Dr. Thomas Egenes is Professor of Maharishi Vedic Science and Sanskrit. He earned an MA and PhD in Religious Studies from the University of Virginia; an MA in Higher Education Administration from Maharishi University of Management; and a BA in Philosophy from the University of Notre Dame.