- Professor of Maharishi Vedic Science & Sanskrit
- Email Me
- 641 472 7000 ex:2424
- 641 472 9347
- 641 472 0931
Dr. Egenes is Professor of Maharishi Vedic Science and Sanskrit. He earned an MA and PhD in Religious Studies from the University of Virginia; an MA in Higher Education Administration from Maharishi University of Management; BA in Philosophy from the University of Notre Dame.
“I live and teach here because I enjoy it. I enjoy the high quality of the students that come here for knowledge. I believe this University develops students to become great, and it’s a privilege to be a part of that.”
- PhD, Religious Studies, University of Virginia.
- MA, Higher Education Administration, Maharishi University of Management.
- MA, Religious Studies, University of Virginia.
- BA, Philosophy, University of Notre Dame.
- Professor of Maharishi Vedic Science, Maharishi University of Management, 1985 to present
- Sanskrit Instructor, Maharishi School of The Age of Enlightenment, 1982-1985
- Maharishi Patañjali Yoga Sūtra. 2010. 1st World Publications. Available at amazon.com
- Eternal Stories from the Upanishads. 2002. Smriti Publications, New Delhi, India. Available at amazon.com
- Physiological Patterns during practice of the Transcendental Meditation Technique Compared with Patterns while Reading Sanskrit and a Modern Language, International Journal of Neuroscience, 2001, Vol. 109, pp. 71-80.
- All Love Flows to the Self: Eternal Stories from the Upanishads. 1998 Samhita Enterprises, Inc. Available at amazon.com
- Introduction to Sanskrit (seven-lesson DVD course). 1997.
- Introduction to Sanskrit, Part Two 1995. Point Loma Publications, San Diego, California; Motilal Banarsidass, Delhi, India. 428 pages. See reviews (PDF). Available at amazon.com
- Learning the Sanskrit Alphabet. 1994. MIU Press. 214 pages.
- The Alphabet of the Language of Nature. 1994. MIU Press, Fairfield, Iowa. Sanskrit Flashcards. 1991. MIU Press, Fairfield, Iowa
- Introduction to Sanskrit, Part One 1989. Point Loma Publications, San Diego, California; Motilal Banarsidass, Delhi, India. 381 pages. Also translated into Dutch and German. See reviews (PDF). Available at amazon.com
- Transcendental Meditation and Temperature Homeostasis,” in Scientific Research on the Transcendental Meditation Program, Collected Papers, Vol. 1. 1977. eds. David Orme-Johnson and J.T. Farrow. pp. 261-263. MERU Press.
- Consciousness, Physics and World Peace: How to Stop Terrorism through the Field Effect of Consciousness, Thirteenth International Congress of Vedanta, September 12, 2002, Miami University of Ohio, Oxford, Ohio
- Overview of the Sanskrit Learning Program at the Maharishi School in Fairfield, Iowa, Twelfth International Congress of Vedanta, September 17, 2000, Miami University of Ohio, Oxford, Ohio
- A Research Program Investigating the Use of Sanskrit Recitation for Accelerating the Growth of Human Potential, X World Sanskrit Conference, January 9, 1997, Bangalore, India
Lectures or courses given in Avon Park, Berkeley, Boca Raton, Boone, Boulder, Charlottesville, Chicago, Colorado Springs, Compton, Denver, Detroit, Fort Collins, Gary, Hilton Head, Huntsville, Indianapolis, Iowa City, Italy, Kansas City, Lake Tahoe, Miami, Naples, New Dehli, Palm Beach, Palo Alto, Phoenix, Portland, Pueblo, Reno, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Fe, Sarasota, Scottsdale, Seattle, Seelisberg, South Bend, Tampa, Tucson, Washington, D.C.
Who’s Who in America
Blog on Yoga