BA in Maharishi Vedic Science
Experience transcendence, ancient wisdom, and modern science
In our BA in Maharishi Vedic Science, you’ll explore the nature of reality, read ancient texts, relate principles of physics to Vedic knowledge, and be able to connect it all to your own experience – all while living in the supportive spiritual community of Fairfield, Iowa.
Features of the MVS BA program:
- Develop yourself holistically through daily practice of the Transcendental Meditation® technique, following a healthy routine, and by being a part of a supportive community of like-minded people
- Immerse yourself in ancient Vedic knowledge
- Study the science behind the Transcendental Meditation® technique, transcendence, and enlightenment.
What you’ll learn:
- How Vedic knowledge can be applied to different philosophies
- How to read Sanskrit for its sound value and experience its effects on the physiology.
- How the brain functions during meditation practice
- How you can help bring peace to your surrounding community through meditation practice
- How to work with others, write, research, communicate, and create in new ways and take the same variety of courses that you would in a traditional liberal arts education while also experiencing personal and spiritual growth.
- See a full list of courses in the major here ➤
What is Maharishi Vedic Science?
Maharishi Vedic Science has its source in the ancient Vedic tradition of India. The term “Vedic” is derived from the Sanskrit word “Veda,” which means “knowledge.”
Maharishi Vedic Science brings together this ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge and the discoveries of modern science to answer fundamental questions about life.
When you study Maharishi Vedic Science, you’ll explore the nature of your own inner self and how it relates to the wider world. You’ll also learn how this knowledge can be applied to practical situations to make the world a more peaceful place.
Apply for the BA in Maharishi Vedic Science
Want more information?
Will this program prepare me for a job?
Yes – Maharishi Vedic Science is a liberal arts degree program that focuses on personal growth and builds a strong basis for further career development in any area.
Our holistic degree program – which consists of thought-provoking classes, a healthy routine, vegetarian food, daily meditation, and more – will help enhance your creativity along with other vital skills that employers value.
Take your TM practice to the next level
Our advanced TM-Sidhi program can be taken on-campus for academic credit as part of your BA in Maharishi Vedic Science.
Have you already taken the TM-Sidhi program and now want to teach meditation? Now you can by taking the Transcendental Meditation Teacher Training Course, which also counts as credit towards your degree.
A Minor in spiritual knowledge
Our Minor in Maharishi Vedic Science will add another level of personal development to any major that you choose to pursue.
To graduate with a minor in Maharishi Vedic Science, students must successfully complete:
- STC 108 (6 credits)
- Any 3 undergraduate MVS courses (12 credits)
Faculty profile: Johan Svenson
Dr. Johan Svenson is Assistant Professor of Maharishi Vedic Science. He earned his PhD in Maharishi Vedic Science from Maharishi University of Management by exploring similarities between the experiences of practitioners of TM and the description of the universe in modern physics.
He has an MA in Education, a BS in Mathematics, and a BA in Maharishi Vedic Medicine from MUM. He has taught in the MVS, Mathematics, Physics, and Physiology and Health academic departments. He is a teacher of TM and enjoys both mountain climbing and surfing.