MUM is fully committed to sustainable practices as one of America’s most green universities. Renewable energy, sustainable buildings, and organic food are high priorities.
Renewable energy and sustainable buildings
- 1.1 million watt solar array provides one-third of MUM’s electric power – 40% of the campus’ needs are met from renewable resources
- New construction must be LEED-certified or meet standards of a comparable third-party rating system
- Groundbreaking net-zero Sustainable Living Center
- 95% of food budget spent on organic food, including locally grown produce
- 100% of dining hall food scraps composted – compost is used on our student farm
- 100% of campus grounds maintained organically