We believe in working toward a world based on the principles of sustainability. That's why MUM is fully committed to sustainable practices as one of the most green universities in the U.S. — and one that offers a BS in Sustainable Living and an MBA in Sustainable Business.
The Green Facts About MUM:
Learn more about MUM's green initiatives at The Princeton Review's Guide to 322 Green Colleges, page 90.
- Groundbreaking new net-zero Sustainable Living Center
- 95% of food budget spent on local/organic foods
- 100% of dining hall food scraps composted
- 100% of school grounds maintained organically
- Single-stream recycling stations in dorms
- School has formal sustainability committee
- New construction must be LEED-certified or comparable third-party rating system
- Public GHG inventory plan
- School employs a sustainability officer
- School provides guidance on green jobs
- Target date to have 100% of electricity production needs met from renewable resources = 2017
- Available transportation alternatives: restricting parking, bike share, vanpool, preferred parking
- MUM was the first university in the U.S. to offer a degree in sustainable living.
Visitor Jeremy Solin Letter Comments on sustainability at MUM and in Fairfield