Dedicated to helping you
The MUM Admissions Office welcomes applications any time for our undergraduate, graduate, and non-degree programs. Once you submit the application form, you’ll be connected with your admissions counselor who will guide you through the rest of the process.
MUM has rolling admissions, which means we review applications for acceptance year-round, once the applicant has completed the required materials. If you’re not yet sure whether you want to apply, we encourage you to submit a Request Info form located anywhere on our website, or to attend one of our monthly Visitors Weekends during which you’ll get a clearer sense of whether MUM is the right fit for you. For more information on Admissions take a look at our FAQ below.
Click on each question below to view the answer.
Apply online for admission to Maharishi University of Management. The application processing fee is $20 for all applicants.
All undergraduate programs have entries in mid-August (fall) and early February (spring). Most graduate programs have fall entries, and some will have spring entries as well. Take a look at our academic calendar for more specific info.
US applicants for the August 2018 entry should finish the application process by July 25, and applicants for the February 2019 entry should finish by January 16. In order to comfortably meet these deadlines, we strongly recommend that you first submit your application at least three weeks prior to those dates (July 4 for August entry and December 26 for February entry).
Most undergraduates receive full financial aid which includes low-interest federal loans, federal grants, and need-based scholarship from the university. Graduate students often receive full financial aid in the form of low-interest federal loans and need-based scholarship. Find out more using our cost & aid calculator.
Undergraduate degree students can apply transfer credits to cover general education requirements, and electives, and up to half the course work in the major, for a maximum of 90 total credits. Transfer credits are accepted for courses completed with a grade of “C” or higher.
The Admissions Office can provide an estimate of your transferable credits based on transcripts provided during the application process. For more exact info, our Enrollment Center and academic advisors can evaluate your transcripts either before enrollment or during academic advising sessions after you’ve enrolled.
For Bachelor’s programs:
- We require all Bachelor’s applicants to hold a high school diploma or equivalent. (Note: For applicants with 24 or more transferable college credits, we don’t require the submission of a high school document.)
- In general, we require Bachelor’s applicants to have received a 2.5 GPA or above from their most recent institution attended. Applicants with below a 2.5 may still be considered depending on additional qualifications (see FAQ on “criteria for admission”).
For Master’s programs:
- We require all Master’s applicants to hold a Bachelor’s degree.
- In general, we require Master’s applicants to have received a 3.0 GPA or above for their undergraduate study. Applicants with below a 3.0 may still be considered depending on additional qualifications.
When reviewing applicants for admission, we consider each prospective student’s overall potential. Factors include:
- academic record
- enthusiasm for learning
- dedication to developing full potential
- extracurricular activities and/or work experience
- recommendations from teachers, employers, or others who know the applicant well
- other information, including answers to essay questions and personal interviews
Applicants who did not complete their high school study are required to submit one of the following:
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; or
- A certificate of completion of a home-study program if the program is recognized by the student’s home state, or if the program is not recognized by the student’s state, the state must not consider the student to be in violation of truancy laws. Home-schooled applicants must also submit a complete home schooling record.
We encourage all prospective students to attend one of our monthly Visitors Weekends.