Request Info > Apply > Visit Us >


Dedicated to helping you

The MUM Admissions Office welcomes applications any time for our undergraduate, graduate, and non-degree programs. Once you submit the application form, you’ll be connected with your admissions counselor who will guide you through the rest of the process.

MUM has rolling admissions, which means we review applications for acceptance year-round, once the applicant has completed the required materials. If you’re not yet sure whether you want to apply, we encourage you to submit a Request Info form located anywhere on our website, or to attend one of our monthly Visitors Weekends during which you’ll get a clearer sense of whether MUM is the right fit for you. For more information on Admissions take a look at our FAQ below.

Admissions FAQ

Click on each question below to view the answer.

How do I apply?

Apply online for admission to Maharishi University of Management. The application processing fee is $20 for all applicants.

When does the academic year begin?

All undergraduate programs have entries in mid-August (fall) and early February (spring). Most graduate programs have fall entries, and some will have spring entries as well. Take a look at our academic calendar for more specific info.

What is the deadline for applying?

Applying early gives applicants more of a chance for scholarships. However, the Office of Admissions will continue taking online applications for the Fall 2018 entry until July 31 (US Only) and the Spring 2019 entry until January 22 (US Only). After the deadline, we’ll take new applications on a case-by-case basis — if you need to apply late, contact Admissions and they will review your situation.

What about financial aid and scholarships?

Most undergraduates receive full financial aid which includes low-interest federal loans, federal grants, and need-based scholarship from the university. Graduate students often receive full financial aid in the form of low-interest federal loans and need-based scholarship. Find out more using our cost & aid calculator.

Can I transfer my credits?

Undergraduate degree students can apply transfer credits to cover general education requirements, and electives, and up to half the course work in the major, for a maximum of 90 total credits. Transfer credits are accepted for courses completed with a grade of “C” or higher.

The Admissions Office can provide an estimate of your transferable credits based on transcripts provided during the application process. For more exact info, our Enrollment Center and academic advisors can evaluate your transcripts either before enrollment or during academic advising sessions after you’ve enrolled.

What are the criteria for admission?

When reviewing applicants for admission, we consider each prospective student’s overall potential. Factors include:

  • academic record
  • enthusiasm for learning
  • dedication to developing full potential
  • extracurricular activities and/or work experience
  • recommendations from teachers, employers, or others who know the applicant well
  • other information, including answers to essay questions and personal interviews

Can I be accepted with a GED or home-study certificate?

Applicants who did not complete their high school study are required to submit one of the following:

  • General Educational Development (GED) certificate; or
  • A certificate of completion of a home-study program if the program is recognized by the student’s home state, or if the program is not recognized by the student’s state, the state must not consider the student to be in violation of truancy laws. Home-schooled applicants must also submit a complete home schooling record.

When can I visit the campus?

We encourage all prospective students to attend one of our monthly Visitors Weekends.


I am a US citizen or Green Card holder *

* required fields

Send Request >