Maharishi Yoga Asanas
“With each asana I move to a gentle stretch, hold, feel the stretch loosen and bliss flows through and around my whole body.”—SS
Free Class: You can view the first lesson at http://ce.mum.edu/yoga
This is an online course which you can view at your convenience. It was held November 4 – December 23, 2018, Tuesday evenings and Sunday afternoons. Videos are now available to view online.
Course Fee: $350 (or $125 for full-time MUM or Maharishi School staff, faculty, and students, or full-time Governors, IAA grant recipients, and anyone who is retired and on a fixed income and cannot otherwise afford the course).
Also, any MUM alumni can get 10% off the full course fee.
In this 16-lesson course, you will:
- Understand the nature of Yoga—the unification of individual and Cosmic life.
- Practice Yoga postures (Asana) and breathing exercises (Pranayama) that promote integration of mind and body, supporting health by bringing life into harmony with Natural Law.
- Learn about the influence of each posture on your physiology, from the perspectives of both modern science and Maharishi Vedic Science.
This course is suitable both for beginners as well as for people who are already accustomed to Yoga exercise. You can do the asanas as you view the videos. You can also email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sample Chart of Lesson 3
More topics include:
- Yoga and the integration of all aspects of life
- Enlivening the intelligence in all levels of the physiology
- Bhagavad-Gita as the supreme textbook of Yoga
- Scientific research validating the benefits of Yoga exercises
- Discovery of Veda and the Vedic Literature in human physiology
- Developing the State of Yoga through Maharishi’s Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi Program: Higher States of Consciousness — the fulfillment of the practice of Maharishi Yoga
“I used to feel when I meditated that my mind transcended pulling my body with it, but now it’s the other way around. The bliss starts before I even close my eyes to meditate.”—SR
“I’ve practiced asanas for many years, and got good results. But during the course, I learned things that I never knew. And the results have been striking for my inner experience. I never expected to get results similar to what I previously only experienced in meditation.” —MH
“Asanas have taken a new meaning in my life. Each asana brings a wave of pleasant unboundedness, lightness and bliss. I perform the asana but my body is just consciousness moving within itself.” —Anon
“Yoga Asanas are flowing so easily now…like as being in a bubble of softness and light.” —CP
“Blissful and inspiring! This course completely renewed my enthusiasm for doing asanas and pranayama regularly and properly.” —ML
“This course taught me how to do asanas carefully and correctly and in a relaxing and invigorating way. I am becoming more flexible and looking forward to long-lasting good health.” —SR
“This course is the best thing I’ve ever done! Months later I am getting ripples of aha’s!” —GC
Paul Morehead, PhD is Associate Dean of the Maharishi College of Perfect Health at MUM and has been teaching Maharishi AyurVeda for over 28 years. Dr. Morehead helped develop the undergraduate programs in the Physiology and Health Department at MUM and taught many of the courses, including Self Pulse Reading, Maharishi Yoga Asanas, Diet Digestion and Nutrition, Prevention, Human Physiology and Veda in Human Physiology.
Other teachers include Simon Rodriguez, Claudia Rodriguez, Sankari Wegman, and Grace Caputo.
Are there any prerequisites to take this course?
The prerequisite for this course is completion of the TM course.
How long are the videos available to view?
Videos are available to view for at least one year after signing up.
Where can I contact the organizer of this event with any questions?
Please email the Office of Continuing Education at email@example.com. Or you can call 641-919-0045 during office hours: Monday – Friday 10:00 am – noon and 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm (Central Time).
What is the refund policy?
We offer full refunds to anyone who requests them before starting the second class.
Current Online and Upcoming MUM Continuing Education Courses and Concerts
(Click on the image for more information.)