Applicants must have a four-year undergraduate degree or the equivalent. Acceptance is based upon the quality of undergraduate performance, aptitude test scores, work experience and other achievements.
Before enrolling for the first semester of the MBA, students should be familiar with principles of economics, from a prior college course or from reading a Principles of Economics textbook. Knowledge of college algebra is strongly recommended for acceptance into the program. Students who do not have the prerequisite knowledge of mathematics will be required to take MGT 417 Mathematics for Business in a summer session prior to their first semester or as an elective course.
GMAT and GPA
- The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is recommended but not required.
- The preferred standard for admission is a four-year bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- To qualify for graduate admission at MUM an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 is generally required.
- A GPA of just below 3.0 could be accepted in certain cases.
- A GPA greater or equal to 2.8 can be accepted if applicant is otherwise academically strong, else the applicant is required to take GMAT.
- A GPA greater than 2.6 can be accepted if the applicant submits strong GMAT scores.
- A GPA greater than 2.5 can be accepted if the applicant submits strong GMAT scores and takes 3 courses at a community college (or at undergrad level in country of residence) obtaining a B or higher for each course.
- Please note that academic ability is a vital aspect of a student’s application. However, other factors, like recommendations and the desire to participate in Consciousness-Based Education, also play an important part in the process of accepting an application.
One-year, full-time MBA, if you have a business major
- If you have an undergraduate degree with a major in business and a GPA of 2.8 or higher, you may receive waiver credit for undergraduate business courses in any of the eight MBA Foundation areas in which you received a grade of B or higher: Marketing, Accounting, Financial Management, Business Law and Ethics, Operations/Quality Management, Human Resource Management, MIS, and Sustainable Business.
- Maximum 18 credits may be waived.
- Students who waive the full MBA Foundation and who take classes on campus in the daytime schedule could earn their MBA in as little as one year.
The Transcendental Meditation Technique
The MBA program includes the daily practice of the Transcendental Meditation® technique as described on this website. Please make sure you are comfortable with this aspect of the program and intend to participate in it as with any other course required for the degree.