Entrance Requirements for the Online MA in Maharishi Vedic Science
For all students
- Learn the Transcendental Meditation technique before enrollment. (Visit www.tm.org to find a TM Teacher near you)
- Have access to a personal computer with internet access so as to download materials, videos and participate in webinars
For Degree-seeking students
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree
- Apply and be accepted through the MUM Admissions Department. The first step to this process is submitting our online application form. You will then be connected with an admissions counselor who will instruct you on additional materials needed.
- Once the application form is submitted with payment, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on the next steps to take, including a link to our checklist of standard admissions materials. You will also be connected with an admissions counselor who will guide you throughout the process.
- Complete the departmental essay: Read the two sections (3 pages) in The Science of Being and Art of Living by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi What is Being? and Being is the Essential Constituent of Creation. In 700-800 words, respond to the following: “Discuss Maharishi’s description of the nature of Being as the essential constituent of creation.” This should be double-spaced in Times New Roman 12 pt font. In most cases, applicants should purchase the book, either hard copy or on Kindle. If you are applying very close to the start of the program, ask your admissions counselor for a copy of the three pages so you can begin the assignment promptly.
For students whose first language is not English: official English proficiency test scores (either TOEFL, IELTS Academic or PTE). The test must have been taken within the last two years. Students with scores below 6.5 on IELTS Academic, 90 on TOEFL iBT or 58 on PTE will be asked to take the test again or change their program to English as a Second Language.