Physiology, Consciousness and Veda — Online Course
∗ This course is offered for credit and noncredit
Registration for credit students will end on Feb 4th
Are we primarily matter? Or are we primarily consciousness? Is the body a machine that creates a conscious experience? Or is conscious experience the result of the interaction of a field of consciousness with brain functioning.
This course explores concepts of mind and brain in science; identifies paradigms governing research into this area; and compares the understanding of mind, consciousness and the body in modern science and Maharishi Vedic Science.
∗ Instructor: Peter Hodak – Bio coming soon
The goal of this course is to understand the relation between brain and consciousness. Each lesson has 3 or 4 videos approximately 15 to 20 minutes each. Once you register, you have access to the course for six months to one year.
- Be able to relate the Maharishi Vedic Science paradigm that the physiology is consciousness of brain, body, and consciousness. (2,3,8)
- Be able to explain how the brain functions, develops and is affected by food and experience. (3,5)
- Be able to describe the brain signature of states of consciousness. (5,8)
- Be able to explain the model of the Veda and Vedic Literature in Human Physiology. (2,8)
By the end of this course, you will be able to answer these questions:
- Can we be born enlightened?
- How can the knowledge be lost over time?
- Why do teenagers have the stereotype of showing poor judgment?
- How do cell phones affect the brain?
- How do male and female brains differ?
- How do coffee, cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs affect the brain?
- What can I do for fastest growth to enlightenment?
- What is the purpose of sleeping and dreaming?
- Do enlightened people still sleep?
- What are the EEG patterns of waking, dreaming, sleeping, Transcendental Meditation practice and enlightenment?
Questions? Contact email@example.com