Fundamental Principles of Maharishi Vedic Science — Online Course
∗ This course is offered for credit and noncredit
∗ Registration for credit students will end on Aug 20th
What is Veda? What is the Vedic Literature? Are they books on a library shelf, written thousands of years ago by ancient philosophers? Or are they eternal, uncreated reverberations within the self-interacting dynamics of pure Being?
In this course, we will examine in great detail how the unified field of all the laws of nature transforms itself into the unmanifest sounds known as Veda and the Vedic Literature, and how these sounds, in turn, express themselves as the material particles on the basis of the physical universe. And we will learn how this timeless knowledge of Veda and Vedic Literature can be practically applied to unfold an ideal life for ourselves and for every society – a life that is always progressive and fulfilling and always in tune with Natural Law.
∗ Biweekly webinars on Thursday at 8:00 pm Central Time
∗ Instructor: Viji Hobbs
∗ All Lesson videos are pre-recorded and includes William Sands
∗ All Lecture videos are pre-recorded and includes Maharishi
This course consists of 10 lessons, which include videos, lectures by Maharishi, videotaped discussions from the faculty, readings from Maharishi and others, discussion forums, and ∗ biweekly webinars. For those taking the course for credit, there will be additional academic work appropriate for a Master’s program, including essays and a final paper. Each lesson has 2 or 3 videos approximately 12 to 20 minutes each.
The goal of the course is to gain a deeper understanding of the self-referral dynamics of pure consciousness – how the field of pure intelligence, the most fundamental level of nature’s functioning, expresses itself as reverberations within its own structure; how these reverberations, known as Veda, precipitate into the forms and phenomena of the ever-expanding universe, including our own physiology; and how the human nervous system can provide the foundation for living the fully developed state of Unity Consciousness.
In this course you will learn about:
- the nature of Veda – what it is, where it comes from, and what it does;
- the Vedic Literature, and its role in the sequential unfoldment of Veda;
- how Veda and its literature expresses itself as the physical universe around us;
- the principles of Vedic education and how they contribute to the unfoldment of higher states of consciousness;
- the role of analysis and synthesis in developing complete knowledge;
- the Richo Akshare verse of Rk Veda, and how it describes the activities of any area of society;
- Maharishi’s Apaurusheya Bhashya of Rk Veda – the eternal, uncreated commentary of Rk Veda upon itself;
- the value of reading the Vedic Literature in Sanskrit in Maharishi’s educational system.
This course will also focus on refining your ability to convey the profound principles of Maharishi Vedic Science in an academic context – simply, logically, and clearly.
By the end of the course, you will be able to answer these questions
- What is Veda, and how is Maharishi’s understanding different from modern interpretations?
- How does an abstract field of consciousness create the world of forms and phenomena around us?
- What is Natural Law and where does it come from?
- What is Vedic Education, and how is it different from the education you received at your high school or college?
- What is the role of analysis and synthesis necessary for gaining complete knowledge?
- What does “unfolding the fruit of all knowledge” mean?
- What is the effect of reading the Vedic Literature in Sanskrit?
Questions? Contact email@example.com