Students must successfully complete all general requirements for a master’s degree and can graduate with an MBA in SAP Finance by completing a minimum of 58 credits, including:
Foundational Studies (18 credits) that provide a solid interdisciplinary framework and subjects in key functional areas to build management capabilities. Students must take at least 4 of the following 8 foundational subjects in business administration, i.e., marketing, accounting, finance, operations, information systems, business law, sustainable business practices, and human resource management. (Some or all of these credits may be waived based on departmental review.)
Specialization Studies (16 credits) that provide opportunities to deepen your knowledge in financial or managerial accounting and related areas
Students can choose from any of the 4 CPA review courses or the 2 CMA review courses or 4 SAP finance courses.
Here are examples of Accounting and SAP Finance courses that would meet your specialization requirement >
- MGT 5130 Business Law and Taxation for Accountants (4 credits)
- MGT 5141 Intermediate Accounting I (4 credits)
- MGT 5142 Intermediate Accounting II (4 credits)
- MGT 5152 Auditing for Financial Accountants (4 credits)
- MGT 5168 Computerized Accounting Systems (2 credits)
- MGT 5514 Enterprise Performance Management (4 credits)
- MGT 5859 US and International Accounting Practices (2 credits)
- MGT 5301 Finance & Control (4 Credits)
- MGT 5302 SAP Business Processes (4 Credits)
- MGT 5303 SAP Business Configuration (4 Credits)
- MGT 5304 SAP Enterprise Business Analytics (4 Credits)
Course offerings are subject to the recommendation of your academic advisor and calendar and faculty availability.
Electives and Practicum (sufficient number of credits to meet your graduation requirement)
Electives can be chosen from MBA classes, subject to the recommendation of your academic advisor and calendar and faculty availability. Practicum is coincident with curricular practical training (CPT), through co-operative accounting positions with business enterprises or NGOs to enhance applied business skills.