MBA in Information Systems for Professionals
Information systems (IS) are the totality of all computing and communication technologies of a company. The ideal IS would provide the right information and connectivity to everyone inside and outside the company, at the right time and place.
IS includes all the hardware, software, networks, devices, personnel, systems, processes, and more that support the company’s operations. IS includes analysis and deployment of cutting-edge technologies – such as AI, Big Data, Analytics, Mobility, Cloud computing, Blockchain, etc. – in a cost-effective way, to support dynamic business growth strategies. Companies require professionals who are aware of the digital systems and technologies, as they pivot to transform themselves into digital businesses.
IS consumes a significant and increasing portion of an organization’s budget. In many information-intensive industries, the CIO is considered a key partner of the CEO in the effective operation and growth of the business. Research has shown that effective IS management and deployment can provide 20% greater return on assets. There is great demand for skilled IS professionals who know how to effectively design, align and deploy information systems to support business strategy and maximize business performance.
The MBA in Information Systems for Professionals will develop your knowledge and skills in new dimensions and help move your career to higher levels.
Upcoming entries for the MBA-IS program:
- February 3, 2019 (for MUM and all other US graduates)
- June 24, 2019 (for MUM graduates only)
- August 11, 2019 (for MUM and all other US graduates)
- MUM graduates must come to campus for two weeks at the start of the program.
- Graduates from US universities other than MUM will need to come to campus for 3 weeks to begin the program.
- All students will be required to return to campus two times each semester for one weekend of classes each time, and for a 2-week course once each academic year.
Curricular Practical Training Requirements
In order to be approved for full-time CPT, a student’s underlying job duties and responsibilities must correspond to one of the following areas:
- Software Quality Analyst
- Programmer Analyst
- Systems Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Project Manager
- Team Leader
or any other management position.