Entrance Requirements for the MA in Maharishi Vedic Science
For entrance into the Maharishi Vedic Science MA program, applicants must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in any field. Applicants without a bachelor’s degree may be considered if they can show a bachelor’s equivalent.
Complete the departmental essay: Read the two sections (3 pages) in The Science of Being and Art of Living by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi What is Being? and Being is the Essential Constituent of Creation. In 700-800 words, respond to the following: “Discuss Maharishi’s description of the nature of Being as the essential constituent of creation.” This should be double-spaced in Times New Roman 12 pt font. We recommend that applicants purchase the book, but you may also view and download the relevant pages.
- Learn the Transcendental Meditation® technique.
- Students entering the one-year day program are recommended to learn the TM technique before enrollment. Otherwise, they will receive instruction in the Transcendental Meditation technique within their first week of class.
- Students entering the three-year evening/weekend program must be practicing TM before enrolling.
- Find out more about TM and how to learn it by visiting www.TM.org or asking your admissions counselor.
For students whose first language is not English: official English proficiency test scores within the past 2 years, unless you have earned a full-time, on-campus degree from Canada, Australia, the UK, or the US within the past 2 years. Students with scores below 6.5 on IELTS Academic, 90 on TOEFL iBT or 58 on PTE will be asked to take the test again or change their program to English as a Second Language.