The Evolving Brain: From Birth To Enlightenment
Utterly fantastic course!—DM
Very clarifying. Underscores the importance of TM practice.—JB
This 9-hour online course is taught by Professor Fred Travis, PhD.
Course Fee: $95 (or $65 for full-time MUM or Maharishi School staff, faculty, and students, or full-time Governors, IAA grant recipients, and anyone who is retired and on a fixed income and cannot otherwise afford the course).
Prerequisites: Instruction in the TM-Sidhi technique; or instruction in the TM technique and a solid background in Maharishi Vedic Science. For more information about TM, please visit http://tm.org
The brain is the interface between us and the world. Throughout life our brain is evolving to support deeper perceptions of the world around us. This course offers concrete steps to help support the health and evolution of your brain, and includes:
- Exciting new research on neuroplasticity of the brain
- Brain mapping studies by Dr. Travis on TM, Vedic recitation, highly successful people, and other forms of meditation
- Dr. Travis’s studies of people in higher states of consciousness
- Discussion of the 24 behavioral rasayanas
- Latest findings on maintaining brain health, along with Maharishi Ayurvedic recommendations
This course consists of six 1 1/2-hour lessons on video plus course materials. It is a self-study course. You can view the videos at your convenience. This course was originally held February 12 – 22, 7:45 – 9:15 in Dalby Hall, MUM, Fairfield, Iowa. If you have questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lesson One: Brain and Consciousness Free Preview
- Lesson Two: DNA Is Driving Brain Development
- Lesson Three: The Brain Is a River, Not a Rock
- Lesson Four: Yoga and Transcendental Meditation
- Lesson Five: Latest Research in Higher States of Consciousness
- Lesson Six: Steps to Support Brain Evolution
Professor Fred Travis, PhD
Professor Travis is the Director of the Center for Brain, Consciousness and Cognition, and Senior Researcher at the Institute for the Study of Higher States of Consciousness. He has co-authored over eighty scientific papers. He is also Chair of the Department of Maharishi Vedic Science and Dean of the Graduate School at Maharishi University of Management.
Dr. Travis has spoken at conferences worldwide, including in the USA, UK, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, the Netherlands, India, China, Mongolia, Indonesia and Australia.
Are there any prerequisites to take this course?
Yes. Prerequisites are instruction in the TM-Sidhi technique; or instruction in the TM technique and a solid background in Maharishi Vedic Science. For more information about TM, please visit http://tm.org
Where can I contact the organizer of this event with any questions?
Please email the Office of Continuing Education at email@example.com. Or you can call 641-919-0045 during office hours: Monday – Friday 10:00 am – noon and 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm (Central Time)
What is the refund policy?
You can request a refund for the full course fee by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer full refunds to anyone who requests them before the second class starts.
Current Online and Upcoming MUM Continuing Education Courses
(Click on the image for more information.)