Explore ancient wisdom in the light of Maharishi Vedic Science and examine the latest research on consciousness.
In this program you will:
- Pursue inner growth and develop your full potential
- Learn how to read Sanskrit for its effects on the physiology
- Study the philosophy of Yoga as expounded in the Bhagavad Gita and Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Be able to prepare and teach short courses to different sectors of society
- Investigate scientific research on brain physiology and consciousness
- Get academic credit for Transcendental Meditation teacher training*
- Take steps towards becoming a teacher of Maharishi Yoga asanas**
* Students earn academic credit toward this degree, contingent upon admission to Transcendental Meditation teacher training through a separate application process.
** MVS 331/332 TM-Sidhi program are prerequisites to becoming a teacher of Maharishi Yoga asanas
What is Maharishi Vedic Science?
Maharishi Vedic Science has its source in the ancient Vedic tradition of India. The term “Vedic” is derived from the Sanskrit word “Veda,” which means “knowledge.”
Maharishi Vedic Science brings together this ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge, as brought to light by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, with the discoveries of modern science to answer fundamental questions about life.
When you study Maharishi Vedic Science, you’ll become familiar with this approach, identifying the principles that connect all subjects and exploring. the nature of your own inner self and how it relates to the wider world. You’ll also learn how this knowledge can be applied to practical situations to make the world a more peaceful place.
What you’ll learn
- How the brain functions during meditation practice
- How you can help create peace in your surrounding environment
- How to read Sanskrit for its effects on the physiology
- How Vedic knowledge can be applied to different philosophies
- How to work with others, write, research, communicate, and create in new ways
- See a full list of courses in the major here ➤
Will this program prepare me for the workplace?
Yes – the BA in Consciousness and Human Potential (CHP) is a liberal arts degree program that focuses on personal growth and builds a strong basis for further career development in any area.
Our holistic degree program – which consists of thought-provoking classes, a healthy routine, daily meditation, and more – will help foster vital skills that employers value, such as creative thinking and problem solving, enhanced cognitive function, improved efficiency, and greater clarity and organization of thought.