Advanced Maharishi Pulse Reading with Vaidya Manohar Palakurthi
“This course exceeded my high expectations. I have taken pulse courses before, and this course has a supremely cosmic quality on all levels. It is like a rasayana just listening to Dr. Manohar.” —SK (from the March 8-10 course)
REGISTER WEEKEND 1 REGISTER WEEKEND 2 REGISTER ALL WEEKENDS
Course Dates & Times: This four-part course will be held on the weekends below, Friday evening 8:00 – 9:30, Saturday afternoon & evening 1:30 – 3:30 & 7:45 – 9:15 and Sunday afternoon 1:30 – 3:30.
- March 8 – 10 Advanced Maharishi Nadi Vigyan Weekend 1 VIDEOS AND COURSE MATERIALS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE.
- April 12 – 14 Advanced Maharishi Nadi Vigyan Weekend 2
- April 26 – 28 Advanced Maharishi Nadi Vigyan Weekend 3
- May 17 – 19 Advanced Maharishi Nadi Vigyan Weekend 4
Location: Dalby Hall. THIS COURSE IS ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE AND LIVESTREAMED. A live chat is available and will be monitored for questions during each class. Videos will be available to view at your convenience for one year.
Prerequisite: The 16-Lesson Maharishi Self-Pulse Reading course or Parts 1 and 2 of the Maharishi Self-Pulse Reading courses taught by Andrew Stenberg, or equivalent. (Or permission from Dr. Manohar or Paul Morehead.)
The prerequisite for each weekend 2, 3 & 4 is the previous weekend.
Course Fee: $125 per weekend (or $75/weekend for full-time MUM or Maharishi School staff, faculty, and students, or full-time Governors, IAA grant recipients, and anyone who is retired and on a fixed income and cannot otherwise afford the course). Also, any MUM alumni can get 10% off the full course fee.
The course fee includes the full weekend, plus the first session of the next weekend.
This course is designed to enliven the knowledge of Maharishi Nadi Vigyan (MNV) and enhance correct practice, according to Maharishi’s guidelines.
- For Practitioners of Maharishi AyurVeda and BA and MS students: This course will bring your Maharishi Nadi Vigyan skills to another level of effectiveness and profundity. It will give correct understanding and systematic procedures to practice successful analysis. This course will help standardize and deepen the practice of Maharishi Nadi Vigyan for all our practitioners.
- For Everyone Else: You will learn to take other people’s pulses in order to experience the different types of pulse. The main intention of this course (for those who are not Maharishi AyurVeda health practitioners) is enhancing and understanding your own pulse and the self-pulse practice for greater longevity, bliss, and balance in life. (The course is not designed to train you to become a Maharishi AyurVeda Consultant.)
Each day there will be opportunity to ask questions to clarify the fine details of the procedure, and give practical steps of the practice and more practical experience of performing Maharishi Nadi Vigyan.
“I feel that I understand much better how to take the pulse and look forward to more experience.” —BD
“This course has given me much more confidence in what I am doing in attention to the pulse and how I can maintain better health and clearer consciousness.” —SB
“I enjoyed it a lot. I did expect that it was going to be more advanced, but the review was great. Dr. Manohar was supurb—in presence and in sharing his knowledge and guiding our experience and learning. Excellent course.” —EB
“Dr. Manohar has a huge amount of knowledge and is very skillful in giving it out.” —GH
“Very advanced knowledge and deep instructions. It is a blessing just to be in the same room as Dr. Manohar. To have had this as a general course on Ayurveda might have been better since there’s not a lot about the pulse yet.” —Anon
“This course is necessary for learning to be a true expert in Nadi Vigyan. Loved all the details of Vedic knowledge!” —JH
“Great course! A lot of good information on how the vedas are connected to pulse diagnosis.” —Anon
“I found that reading the pulse the way Vaidyaji instructed was much more blissful and a lot less analyzing.” —JP
“Delightful! VaidyaManohar is a very blissful, clear representative of Maharishi” —SS
March 8 – 10
- Maharishi Nadi Vigyan’s ancient roots and evidence-based modern theories
- Samkhya theory
- Principles for the practice
- The benefit of the MNV practice in daily life is harnessing the total potential of Natural law for all possibilities in daily life
- Proper placement of the fingers for taking the pulse
- Thatva Vigyan – Role of consciousness in MNV
- Mano Vigyan – Role of mind in MNV
- Guna Vigyan – Knowledge of the qualities of the three gunas with a practical approach
April 12 – 14
- Dhi, Driti, and Smriti: Balance and imbalance of mind-body
- Thought, speech & action
- Ojas, Agni, and Ama in the pulse
- Collective Consciousness of the physiology
April 26 – 28
- Foundational principles of the body in relation to Ojas, Agni, and Ama
- VPK Gati (Movement) Theory
- Subdoshas: What they are and how to detect them in the pulse
- Subdosha imbalances
May 17 – 19
- Locating the Dhatus in the pulse
- The role of Dhatu Agnis in pulse
- Dhatu Sarata essence and influence on the mind
- How to practice
Come study with Vaidya Manohar, one of the world’s most experienced Maharishi AyurVeda Vaidyas. Vaidya Manohar has done over 50,000 consultations in his 32 years of practice. He worked closely with Maharishi for many years, and has practiced Maharishi AyurVeda in many countries, including India, Japan and the US. He is Professor of Maharishi AyurVeda at MUM and guides the clinical training for the MS in Maharishi AyurVeda. He has worked with the greatest experts and founders of Maharishi AyurVeda, Vaidya Brihaspati Dev Triguna, Vaidya Balraj Maharishi, and Vaidya D.M. Dwivedi.
Dr. Paul Morehead will be assisting Vaidya Manohar in this course. Paul has been practicing Maharishi Nadi Vigyan for 25 years and is the Director of the MS in Maharishi AyurVeda and Integrative Medicine. He is Associate Dean of the College of Integrative Medicine at MUM.
Are there any prerequisites to take this course?
Yes, the 16-Lesson Maharishi Self-Pulse Reading course or two Maharishi Self-Pulse Reading courses taught by Andrew Stenberg, or equivalent.
Where can I contact the organizer of this event with any questions?
Please email the Office of Continuing Education at email@example.com. Or you can call 641-919-0045 during office hours: Monday – Friday 10:00 am – noon and 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm (Central Time).
What is the refund policy?
We offer full refunds to anyone who requests them before starting the Saturday afternoon class for each weekend.
Current Online and Upcoming MUM Continuing Education Courses and Concerts
(Click on the image for more information.)