Visitors Weekend Travel Information
- Hours for check-in are Thursday between 4:00 – 6:30 pm. Please check-in and pick-up your room key at the Welcome Desk in Argiro Student Center, 1000 N 4th Street Fairfield, IA 52557.
- If you arrive before Thursday, see our suggestions for places to stay within a few minutes of campus.
- Your accommodations are at the Visitors’ Residence, Building 153, 1116 Heavenly Lane Fairfield, IA
- Keep in mind that we provide the following during your stay: bedding, pillows, soap, towels and extra blankets. We do not provide shampoo, conditioner, or hair dryers so please bring any items that you consider necessary.
Please be prepared to check out by 5:00 p.m. Saturday. If you need accommodations for any additional days, see our suggestions for places to stay within a few minutes of campus.
Transportation to and from MUM
We will arrange transportation to the MUM campus from local airports, train and bus stations at no charge. If you need this service, please fill out and submit the MUM Transportation Request Form. You will be contacted by us with all necessary information with regard to getting you from, and back to airports, train and bus stations.
Shuttle service from the Des Moines (DSM) and Cedar Rapids (CID) airports is typically arranged for mid-afternoon on the day of your arrival. Shuttle service can also be arranged from the Moline (MLI) and Burlington (BRL) airports, as well as from the Amtrak stations in Mt. Pleasant and Ottumwa, and from the local bus station in Fairfield.
- If you are unable to make the scheduled check-in time, contact the Campus Visit Coordinator at your earliest convenience: Office (641) 470-1321 | Cell (641) 919-1357
- If it’s after 10:00 pm on the night of your arrival, please call Maharishi University of Management Security; they will give you access to your room: (641) 472-1115
Travel Reimbursement (TR)
Travel reimbursements are available to assist in the cost of travel for prospective students visiting Maharishi University of Management for the first time. They range from $50 to $350 and are awarded based upon the following criteria:
- Travel distance from MUM
- Mode of transportation
- If traveling by car, we reimburse at $0.17/mile
- If traveling by plane, train, or bus, please email your trip itinerary to email@example.com
Each travel reimbursement recipient is required to attend all scheduled Visitor Weekend meetings and events. Exemptions for missing any event must be determined in advance with the Campus Visit Coordinator. Allow for three to four weeks after the weekend for your award funds to be processed and mailed to you.
Contact information for Campus Visit Coordinator
- Office: (641) 470-1321
- Cell (641) 919-1357
- Our office hours are Monday – Friday, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm CST