Child Care Resources
Child Care Assistance helps pay for the care of your child while a parent or caretaker works or attends school. The Child Care Assistance program can also assist in finding child care. The process of applying for this program can take 2-8 weeks. You must provide CCA with a local address, proof of school schedule, and proof of any household income in order for the case worker to review the application. More information
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) provides federal grants to states for supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk. More information
Both can be applied for at:
Department of Human Services
304 S. Maple Street
- Office Hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Phone Numbers: 641-472-5011 or 800-642-6249
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Walk in, and the receptionist will give you the paperwork to fill out.You will then be assigned to someone who will manage your case.
DHS will need proof of your school schedule. To obtain a proper form, contact the MUM Enrollment Center.
Maharishi School of the Age of Enlightenment accepts Child Care Assistance.
- Location: 804 Dr. Robert Keith Wallace Drive
- Phone: 866-472-6723 Toll Free, or 641-472-9400
- Hours (Preschool): 9:30–11:50 a.m.
- Hours (Child Care): 1–3:45 p.m., Monday through Friday
- The website has information about the school, tuition, scholarships, etc.
- Teacher/Child ratio: 1:6 for 2-year-olds; 1:8 for 3-year-olds; 1:12 for 4-year-olds
- Information about day care at Maharishi School
Agapeland Preschool & Child Care Center accepts Child Care Assistance.
- Location: 1700 S. Main Street, Fairfield
- Phone: (641) 472-4352
- Hours: 6:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, provides breakfast, lunch and two snacks, afternoon preschool 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Ages: 18 months – 5 years old, before and after school care up to age 12
- Teacher/Child ratio: 1:4 = 18 months – 2 years old, 1:6 = 2 – 3 years old, 1:8 = 3 years old, 1:12 = 4-5 years old
- Cost (without assistance) $110 per week, $70 part time (under 5 hours each day), before/after school $5 each
Community Childcare Center accepts Child Care Assistance
- Location: 611 West Jackson, Fairfield
- Phone: (641) 472-9629
- Hours: 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Preschool: 3 years old — Tuesday & Thursday mornings; 4 years old — Monday, Wednesday, Friday mornings
- Pre-Kindergarten — Monday-Friday from 1:00 – 3:30; Ages: 6 weeks – 5th grade
- Teacher/Child ratio: 1:4 = 6 weeks – 1 years old, 1:6 = 2 years old, 1:8 = 3 years old, 1:12 = 4 years old, 1:15 for school age children. Uses “Creative Curriculum” for preschool ages.
- Cost (without assistance) – $25 per day for 2 years old and above, $27 for under 2 years old, before and after school $5 each.
SIEDA Head Start™ is a preschool experience for low-income and disabled children 3-5 years of age. Head Start™ is a holistic approach to early childhood education that addresses not only the educational needs of the children but also the health, nutrition, social, mental health and literacy needs as well. Multi-cultural classrooms serve children who are unable to speak English or speak English as a secondary language.
- Location: 201 South 23rd Street (walk-in to fill out application).
- Phone: 641-472-3005
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (breakfast and lunch provided); 12:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. (lunch and snack)
To discuss your options or if you have further questions, concerns, or need advice regarding childcare, contact Allie Taylor in Student Life email@example.com
Mother’s Day Out Preschool
- Location: 1601 S Main St Fairfield IA, 52556
- Phone: 641-469-6634
St Mary’s Preschool
- Location: 3100 W Madison Fairfield IA 52556
- Phone: 641-472-5996