- Academic Director of Regenerative Organic Agriculture Program
- Associate Professor of Sustainable Living
- Email Me
- (641) 472-7000 ext. 5017
Dr. Thimmaiah is an expert in climate smart agriculture promoting low-carbon green approaches for rural development. Through constant innovation and research, he has developed many low-cost farming solutions utilizing natural resources which are benefiting thousands of farmers in different countries. He holds degrees from:
- BSc (Ag)., University of Agricultural Sciences (UAS), Dharwad, India
- MSc (Agriculture) Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi
- PhD Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), New Delhi
Globally he has played a leading role in the development, coordination, implementation of strategies, programs and policies addressing the issues of food security, climate smart sustainable agriculture, rural poverty reduction, sustainable development, and Gross National Happiness(GNH).
He has advised various international organizations, agri-business corporations, governments and NGO’s in India, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Italy, Holland, and Costa Rica.
In Bhutan he developed the National Organic Standards of Bhutan, zero-cost certification systems, training manuals, strategies and other documents to empower poor farmers and facilitate the nation to be 100% organic and carbon neutral.
Dr. Thimmaiah is also a Board Director of Demeter Association Inc. of US.