- Associate Professor of Literature and Writing
- Email Me
- Dr. Fairchild has been a teacher since 1967. He began in secondary education, teaching English in junior high and high school.
- In 1971 he became a teacher of Maharishi’s Transcendental Meditation® technique.
- He first started teaching English on the college level in 1974 at UNLV in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Later, at the University of Iowa beginning in 1983. He graduated with a PhD in 1992.
- He started teaching Professional Writing at Maharishi University of Management (MUM) in 1995. Since around 2000, he has been teaching Literature and Creative Writing at MUM.
- In 1979 he worked as an editor for a couple of years for Nevada Publications, for whom he also wrote a book which reviewed important Nevada publications. Since then he has been a freelance editor and has edited probably a dozen books, from doctoral dissertations to histories and various types of novels.
- He also worked for and ultimately became the director of MIU World, the University’s publication, which no longer exists.
- He likes to write, but mainly for himself, though he has published dozens of articles on Iowa and on the TM® organization.
- He has written several short stories, including a couple of children’s stories, but has never sought to publish them.
Testimonials from Jim Fairchild’s students.