- Professor of Mathematics
- Email Me
Professor of Mathematics
AB (Mathematics) Cornell University
MS, PhD (Mathematics) University of Virginia
Catherine Gorini received an Award for Outstanding College Teaching from the Mathematical Association of America in 2001. She has also published many articles on mathematics, especially geometry.
- Maharishi’s Vedic Mathematics
- Using the Transcendental Meditation® technique in the teaching of Mathematics
- Geometry and Symmetry
- Undergraduate Mathematics Education
- Using Geometer’s Sketchpad to study Euclidean Geometry or Analytic Geometry
- Use JavaSketchpad to Create Interactive Geometry Web Pages
- Award for Outstanding College Teaching, Mathematical Association of America, 2001
- Enlightened Educator Award, Maharishi University of Management, 2000
Facts on File Geometry Handbook, Facts on File, 2003. Read a review
Geometry at Work, Mathematical Association of America, 2000.
“Maharishi’s Vedic Mathematics: The Fulfillment of Modern Mathematics,” to appear in Samskrita Sangha, 2003.
“Further Steps: Geometry Beyond High School (PDF),” New England Mathematics Journal, May 2003.
“Consciousness: The Last Frontier of Geometry (PDF),” to appear.
Symmetry: A Link between Mathematics and Life, Humanistic Mathematics Network Journal.
Calculus with Dynamic Geometry, in Dynamical Geometry, edited by James King and Doris Schattschneider, 1997
Using Clock Arithmetic to Send Secret Messages, Mathematics Teacher, Mathematical Association of America, February, 1996
An Art Research Project for a Geometry Course, PRIMUS, Volume 3, Number 4, December 1994
Where Can a Robot Arm Reach?, with R. Dettmers, I. Doraiswamy, and C. Toy, COMAP, 1993
An Integrated Program of Writing and Speaking in the Undergraduate Mathematics Curriculum, PRIMUS, Volume 1, Number 3, September, 1991.
- PhD, University of Virginia, Robert E. Stong, advisor
- MA, University of Virginia, Edwin E. Floyd, advisor
- AB, Cornell University, Mathematics Major