This master’s track is for individuals who wish to become teachers of the Transcendental Meditation® technique. It provides a deep understanding of fundamental principles of Maharishi Vedic Science to support the information you gain on the Teacher Training Course. The Teacher Training Course is part of the academic program, and its tuition can therefore be covered through financial aid.
The Teacher Training portion of the degree program is provided by Maharishi European Research University (MERU) under contractual arrangement with Maharishi University of Management. Students must apply for, and be accepted by, the Teacher Training Course Office for that portion of the program, in addition to application and acceptance to MUM for the degree program. For information on the Teacher Training Course application process, please contact Gwen Stowe
in the MUM Admissions Office, and she will direct you to the appropriate resources.
In order to qualify for the M.A. in Maharishi Vedic Science, Teacher Training track, students must successfully complete 52 credits of coursework as follows:
Semester 1 (fall)
Semester 2 (spring)
Semester 3 and 4 (fall and spring)
- MVS 490 TM Teacher Training Course (12 credits)
- MVS 49 Transcendental Meditation Program Teacher Training Program Teaching Internship (two months, 4 credits)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 6-months regular Transcendental Meditation practice
- Regular checking (once/month) for the last six months
- This program is for US citizens only. International students are encouraged to take the standard MA Program instead.
- Read the first two sections in Science of Being and Art of Living by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi (50 pages). Based on this reading, write a 3-4 page paper, double spaced, Times Roman 12 pt., on the following topic: “Choose two or three short passages from the Science of Being and Art of Living reading that appeal to you, explain them in depth, and how they relate to your experience.”