- Professor of Management
- Vice-President of Asia Expansion
- Email Me
- 641 470 1362
The Chinese Consulate General in San Francisco awarded Yunxiang the gold medal of World Culture Development for his contribution in facilitating the culture and educational exchanges between China and USA.
- BA, Fuyang Teachers College, China
- BS, Maharishi International University
- MBA, Maharishi University of Management
- DWP Honoris Causa, Maharishi University of Management
Yunxiang graduated from the Foreign Language Department of Anhui Fuyang Teachers’ College in 1981 with a Bachelor of Art degree. After graduating he was employed by Fuyang Teacher’s College as a teacher in its Foreign Language Department. In 1984, Yunxiang attended a nation-wide examination held by the University of Science and Technology of China for a teaching position in USTC and was accepted as an instructor to teach in the Foreign Language Department of USTC.
In 1986, Yunxiang applied and was accepted by three universities at the same year to pursue his master’s degree. They were: Shangahi Jiaotong University in China, George Town University and Maharishi International University (now Maharishi University of Management) in the United States of America. With full scholarship, Yunxiang attended Maharishi International University in Oct 1986.
Professional Experience and Honors
During his work and study at MIU and MUM, Yunxiang was awarded a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Master of Business Administration, and Successful Entrepreneur of the Year, Gold Medal of Enlightened Leadership and the highest honor, a Doctor of World Peace degree Honoris Causa.
From 1991 till 2000, Yunxiang worked in Silicon Valley, San Jose, California. Yunxiang’s experience extends from small companies to medium sized companies to the largest companies in their field. He worked as manager for Pearne Associates and Assistant General Manager in K-Chair USA. Yunxiang was Operations Director of United Multimedia and Ultima Associates. Yunxiang also served as Operations Officer working at Aztech Labs, the second largest sound card producer in the world in 90s.
While working in Silicon Valley, Yunxiang actively involved himself with social services and cultural exchange activities. In 1996, the Chinese Consulate General in San Francisco awarded Yunxiang the Gold Medal of World Culture Development for his contribution in facilitating cultural exchanges and educational exchanges between China and USA.
From early 2000, Yunxiang worked at Maharishi University of Management, focusing on promoting Consciousness-based Education to China. In 2001, he helped established MUM’s first university collaboration with China through the Overseas Chinese College of Capital University of Economics and Business. This program was approved by the Ministry of Education of China. Yunxiang was promoted to Director of Asian Recruiting in 2002, Assistant Professor of Business Administration in 2003, Associate Dean of Asian Expansion in 2004, Associate Professor in 2006, Professor of Business Administration in 2010 and Vice President of Asian Expansion in 2010.
Publications and Presentations
- The Dao of Business Ethics, co-authored and published both in English and Chinese on Chinese Consumer Satisfaction Index (2004)
- Co-keynote speaker on Cross Cultural Collaboration, Taiwan Cross-national education conference, 2005,
- Paper presentation: Cross-Cultural Collaboration, SPACE, Hong Kong University, 2006
- Publication: Cross-Cultural Collaborations-experiences and pitfalls, SPACE, Hong Kong University, 2006
- Presentation on the 20th Anyang I-Ching Conference: Fish Cannot Leave Deep Water, People Cannot Disconnect from the Source (2007)
- Presentation on the Wuxi 13th World I-Ching Conference: YI (I-Ching) is the Unified Field (2010)