We’re the first U.S. college to offer an organic, vegetarian, freshly prepared menu.
- Locally grown produce whenever possible
- Milk and yogurt come from a local organic dairy farm
- We bake our own breads and pastries using local, organic flour
- Home-style pizza, Chinese stir fry, Mexican enchiladas, Indian shai paneer, and more!
- All lunches and dinners also offer soups, a panini bar, an extensive salad bar, and dessert
- Vegan and gluten-free options available
Healthier for the individual — A large body of scientific research indicates that a vegetarian diet is the healthiest. Vegetarians, for example, have the lowest rates of heart disease, cancer, arthritis, and many other ailments.
Healthier for the environment — Animal agriculture poses a threat to the environment. Central and South American rainforests, for example, are being destroyed in part to provide cheap beef for export to other countries, including the U.S.
Healthier for the environment — The chemicals used in conventional agriculture end up in our streams, rivers, and lakes and in our water supply. Organic farming methods, on the other hand, focus on building the richness of the soil through natural means.
Healthier for the farmer — Farm chemicals are linked to higher incidence of cancer among farmers. Organic farming is not only healthier but more financially sustainable in the long run.