Leadership and Administration of MUM
Overall University governance is vested in the President’s Cabinet, under the leadership of the President and with oversight by the Board of Trustees.
The President’s Cabinet consists of the President, Vice-President of Academic Affairs, Vice-President of Enrollment Management and Marketing, Vice-President of Development and Alumni Affairs, Vice-President of Operations, Treasurer, Chief Administrative Officer, Provost, Dean of Faculty, and Legal Counsel.
The President’s Cabinet:
- Oversees strategic planning, budgeting, and institutional assessment
- Formulates institutional objectives, providing the framework for departmental planning
- Reviews department plans, assigns priorities, reviews implementation, and evaluates results
- Oversees annual employee performance reviews
- Drives continuous improvement of all University functions
- Addresses any issues that cannot be addressed at the departmental level
- Reports regularly to the Board of Trustees and carries out directives from the Board.
The President’s Cabinet meets monthly or as needed.
The University utilizes a five-year planning cycle. Detailed plans are formulated for the first two of the five years, with more general plans for the remaining three years. The plan is revised and extended annually.
The budget is prepared annually and is integrated with planning. Guided by the Treasurer and in conjunction with department heads, the President’s Cabinet develops budgets for each area, integrates these into an overall University budget, and presents the proposed budget to the Board of Trustees. The Board reviews and approves the annual budget and monitors its progress during the course of each year.