About Fairfield, Iowa
Located in Southeast Iowa, Fairfield is a fun, lively community dedicated to sustainability, health, and doing good things for the world. It’s become Iowa’s center for the arts and entrepreneurship.
Although most of Fairfield’s residents were born and raised in Iowa, many arrived from around the globe to form a large community of people who practice the Transcendental Meditation® technique.
The presence of this large meditating community has transformed Fairfield into a town like no other.
- Community-wide strategic plan to incorporate sustainable practices, a joint effort of the city and University
- Organic farms and weekly downtown farmer’s markets
Creative arts and culture
- Lively theater and music scene
- Performing arts center and art galleries
- Wide range of high-quality restaurants
- Named Entrepreneurial Community of the Year by the State of Iowa
- Dozens of start-up companies—including many by MUM alumni
- More than $200 million in venture capital invested locally
- 5th highest charitable contributions per capita of any U.S. county
Our campus is located on the north side of town within walking distance to the town square, making it easy for our students to be part of this exciting community.
MUM’s green initiatives go beyond composting and organic food in the dining hall. With two sustainable living degrees, a new Sustainable Living Center, and sustainable practices, MUM is committed to being one of the most green universities in the US.
Curious what the MUM campus looks like? See for yourself from the comfort of your own home! Next step, sign up for a visitors weekend and come visit us.