This Masters track is for individuals who wish to become teachers of the Transcendental Meditation technique. It provides a deep understanding of fundamental principles of Maharishi Vedic Science, instruction in lecturing, and a course in checking Transcendental Meditation practice. The Teacher Training Course is part of the academic program, and its tuition can therefore be covered through financial aid. After the Teacher Training Course, students will take two distance education courses designed to further their success as a teacher of Transcendental Meditation.
The Teacher Training portion of the degree program is provided by Maharishi European Research University (MERU) under contractual arrangement with Maharishi University of Management. Students must apply for, and be accepted by, the Teacher Training Course Office for that portion of the program, in addition to application and acceptance to MUM for the degree program. For information on the Teacher Training Course application process, please contact Gwen Stowe in the MUM admissions office.
- 5 courses in Maharishi Vedic Science from January – May
- Introduction to Maharishi Vedic Science (2 weeks)
- Unity Consciousness: Knowledge of Totality (MVS 552)
- Bhagavad Gita (MVS 509)
- Physiology, Consciousness, and Veda (MVS 504)
- Maharishi Vedic Science and Physics (MVS 544)
- 2 courses to develop teaching skills (June – July)
- Learning how to check Transcendental Meditation practice
- Introductory Lecture Training
- TM Teacher Training Course
Two internship courses, each 6 months long, to develop skills in TM instruction (MVS 493)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 6-months regular Transcendental Meditation practice
- Regular checking (once/month) for the last six months
- Residence course with interview and strong recommendation from the course leader
- Recommendation from Center Director.
- This program is for US citizens only. International students are encouraged to take the standard MA Program instead.
- Read the first two sections in the "Science of Being and Art of Living," by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. (50 pages)
- Write a 3-4 page paper, double spaced, Times Roman 12 pt. The topic of the paper is: "Choose two or three short passages from the above reading that appeal to you, explain them in depth, and how they relate to your experience.”
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org