MISSION OF THE MAHARISHI VEDIC SCIENCE ONLINE PROGRAM
The mission of this program is to cultivate the growth of enlightenment to people who cannot travel to Fairfield. We educate and inspire our students to gain holistic development as their primary focus in life and the foundation for success in all areas in life.
If you are interested in applying for the MA MVS online program, please contact Selin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (641)472 1184 for more information about course registration and program application.
- Holistic development—growth of higher states of consciousness.
- Read the Vedic Literature smoothly in Devanagari on a daily basis with attention on correct pronunciation.
- Appreciate the value of Maharishi Vedic Science and its technologies for development of consciousness.
- Understand key concepts and fundamental principles of Maharishi Vedic Science, including their sequential logic, and how they apply to the solution of problems in various areas of society.
- Understand key research findings on the technologies of Maharishi Vedic Science in various areas of life, and master the fundamentals of the scientific method, including the ability to answer theoretical research questions using source documents in Maharishi Vedic Science.
- Develop effective writing skills.
- You need to learn the Transcendental Meditation technique before beginning the MA program. This is a requirement for both credit-seeking and non-credit seeking students.
You can find a TM teacher who is close to you on www.tm.org. In the top menu, click the middle tab “HOW DO I LEARN.” Then on the page that comes up, fill in the name and zip code and click “FIND A TEACHER”-
- You need to have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college. This is a requirement for credit-seeking students only. Non-credit-seeking students do not need a BA degree.
- You need to have a personal computer and internet access to download materials, videos and participate in webinars. - You can use public computers such as a library if you need.-
15 COURSES: 4 COURSES/YEAR FOR FOUR YEARS
- Video explaining the topic of the week
- Video of lecture by faculty
- Readings from texts by Maharishi and supplementary readings
- Maharishi videos
- Learning activities—chat room (text based) to discuss points and to comment on other student’s points. Students will be asked to enter some response each week to pass the class.
- Webinar (video based through Adobe Connect) to discuss larger issues. Students will be asked to participate or view the archived copy each week to pass the class. This could be done at a local centers.
- Bi-weekly deliverable (written assignment)
APPROXIMATE DATES OF THE COURSES
For those students who have already taken STC or SCI, or are active TM teachers, they can enroll in:
- Science and Technology of Consciousness (4 units) will be offered Aug 19 –Oct 27 2013 and Feb 10 - April 20 2014 for those who have not yet taken the STC or SCI course.
- Course 3 (Unfolding the Total Potential of Human Life In Higher States of Consciousness): Feb 10 – April 20, 2014 (4 units)
- Course 4 (Sanskrit): Feb 10 – April 20, 2014 (4 units)
- Course 5 (MVS461 Maharishi Self-Pulse Reading): April 21 – June 29 (4 units)
You may use any educational loan available from banks in the United States who accept a U.S. citizen as a co-signer for students enrolled at colleges in the United States. Most lenders require that you have a Social Security Number (SSN). However, Sallie Mae can provide international students who do not have a SSN with a temporary one until they are able to come to the US and apply for a normal SSN. For students in this situation Sallie Mae or a loan from a bank in your home country may be the best option.
If you have any questions about financial aid, you can click here.