||The Ph.D. in Maharishi Vedic Science is the highest academic and professional degree in the discipline devoted to the study of the holistic development of consciousness. The Department will, therefore, evaluate students not only for their demonstrated ability to undertake doctoral level academic work in the field, but also for the prospective student’s demonstrated ability to serve as an example of the highest standards of holistic development.
This program is for those individuals who wish to accelerate growth to enlightenment and become professional exponents of Maharishi Vedic Science. You will deepen your experiences of higher states of consciousness, gain a fuller grasp of principles of Maharishi Vedic Science, and refine your presentation and teaching skills. You may choose from four tracks:
For acceptance into the program, a student’s complete academic record and personal recommendations are also considered. Students entering the program:
- Reading Vedic Literature in Sanskrit,
- Applications of Maharishi Vedic Science to Society,
- Modern Science and Maharishi Vedic Science, and
- Research in Higher States of Consciousness.
- Must be practicing the TM-Sidhi program for at least one year,
- Hold a Master of Arts degree in Maharishi Vedic Science (please refer to listing above for requirements),
- Have at least one additional year of formal study of Maharishi Vedic Science, or experience in professions involving implementation of Maharishi Vedic Science, and
- Submit a 3-5 page academic paper aimed at a non-meditating audience. The paper should be double spaced, Times Roman 12 pt. It should address this question:
"How does Maharishi Vedic Science fulfill the goals of the highest ideal of education?"
(If the applicant has taken the MA MVS in the last two years, he or she can submit a paper from their course work such as the final "capstone" paper to satisfy this requirement.)