The College of Maharishi Vedic Science is offering an online Master’s degree in Maharishi Vedic Science for practitioners of the Transcendental Meditation® technique who prefer to study in the comfort of their home.
Maharishi Vedic Science is the knowledge and experience of pure consciousness, Atma, the inner Self of everyone — the self-referral field of pure intelligence at the basis of all thought and action. This infinite “reservoir” of pure consciousness is not only the source of our own creativity and intelligence, but is also the unified field of natural law, the non-changing field of order and intelligence at the basis of the universe.
Studying Maharishi Vedic Science allows us to explore the full range of life and human potential, both in theory and in practice, and apply our knowledge to enrich all aspects of life.
The curriculum for our online MA program is structured in 15 courses comprised of 10 lessons each. Students will spend approximately 11 hours per week watching videotaped lectures of Maharishi, reading selections from his books as well as the writings of scholars of Maharishi Vedic Science, and participating in online discussion forums. Students will also write essays and papers, make oral presentations online, and take examinations as appropriate to the course content. These exercises facilitate the students’ integration of knowledge while allowing the faculty to assess their progress.
The program consists of 15 courses of 4 credits each, for a total of 60 total credits.
Most courses are offered in a non-credit format with a reduced tuition fee for those not interested in earning credit toward a degree. However, students will not be able to transfer non-credit courses into the degree program; only courses taken for credited are accepted toward the degree.
See course descriptions >
- STC 508 Science and Technology of Consciousness (prerequisite)
- MVS 461 Maharishi Self-Pulse Reading and Introduction to Maharishi Ayur-Veda
- MVS 504 Physiology, Consciousness, and Veda
- MVS 510 Bhagavad-Gita, Chapters 1–3
- MVS 511 Bhagavad-Gita, Chapters 4–6
- MVS 525 Sanskrit I
- MVS 540 Self-Referral in Maharishi Vedic Science
- MVS 544 Principles of Maharishi Vedic Science in Physics
- MVS 552 Unfolding the Total Potential of Human Life In Higher States of Consciousness
- MVS 553 Veda and Vedic Literature in Human Physiology
- MVS 554 Maharishi Vedic Science and Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
- MVS 555 Maharishi’s Absolute Theory of Government: Automation in Administration
- MVS 559 Modern Science and Maharishi Vedic Science
- MVS 560 Principles of Collective Consciousness in Maharishi Vedic Science
- MVS 585 Capstone
How to Apply
Apply at mum.edu/apply and select the Master of Arts in Maharishi Vedic Science.
Questions about the program?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (641) 472-1184.