Take part in the transition to economic sustainability
Companies large and small are now recognizing the importance of sustainability, and new opportunities in the area abound. Our MBA in Sustainable Business will train you in how to create or support a profitable business that offers life-sustaining products and services while helping you grow into the best person you can be.
- Gain cutting-edge knowledge about sustainable business from nationally recognized faculty
- Learn how a business can help the environment while still being profitable
- Practice the Transcendental Meditation technique daily to reduce stress, enhance clear thinking, and support your personal growth
- Enjoy the support of an online community of fellow students, entrepreneurs, and businesspeople who share your vision of making the world a more sustainable place
This program is also accredited by the IACBE:
Top 10 ranked Online Sustainability MBA by:
#1 Online MBA in Iowa ranked by:
The Online MBA is offered in conjunction with the Evening-Weekend MBA program classes given on campus. The degree requirements for the 60-credit MBA program can be fulfilled in six semesters, including two summers as extensions of the spring semesters. Students, who wish to join the on campus MBA with the daytime class schedule, may do so at the beginning of any semester after meeting admissions requirements.
All students begin their first semester with:
- A four-week, 2-credit “Science and Technology of Consciousness (STC),” a foundational course in Consciousness Based Education that explores deep principles for holistic development of body, mind and consciousness.
- Each of the subsequent semesters begins with a two-week, 1-credit “Forest Academy” in which the faculty lead students in a deeper reflection on business based on the knowledge taught in the STC course.
Focus on sustainable business
The theme for each semester is based on one of the main business functions: marketing, accounting, operations, etc. The semester begins with an introductory course on that theme and ends with a course on sustainable business in the context of that theme. See the schedule of courses for the next three years.
Already have a business degree
If you have an undergraduate degree with a major in business, you may receive waiver credit for any of the seven Foundation areas in which you received a grade of B or higher: Marketing, Accounting, Financial Management, Business Law and Ethics, Operations Management, Human Resource Management, and Management Information Systems. Maximum of 18 credits may be waived.
Financial aid is available for this program. Learn more ➤