- No payment during your first six months on campus
- Pay off the loan in monthly payments from your U.S. practical training earnings
Alternative Loan for Entire Program Costs
100% financial aid plus $1,000 tuition reduction
If you have a co-signer who is a US citizen or permanent resident with a good credit rating, you may qualify for an Alternative Loan. If you pay your entire program cost of $23,825 upon arrival, you will receive a $1,000 tuition reduction. See the Alternative Loan Details for full information, including examples.
Alternative Loan for $9,000 upon Arrival
If you have a co-signer who is a US citizen or permanent resident and qualifies for an Alternative Loan, you may borrow $9,000 for the initial payment needed upon arrival. You will be eligible to use the Accounting Professionals (AP) Loan for the remaining program costs when you are offered a practical training position. See the Alternative Loan Details, including examples.
- You can apply for the Alternative Loan before you come to the USA:
- If the loan is approved and the funds arrive at the University before you arrive, you can use the loan (instead of the sponsor’s funds) to cover the amount of US $9,000 you need upon your arrival at the University.
What types of Alternative Loans are available?
- If your loan funds are not approved and received by the University to cover the amount of US $9,000 you need upon your arrival, you will need to pay your fees by credit card, bank draft, money order or traveler's checks in U.S. Dollars at the time of registration.
You may use any educational loan available from banks in the United States who accept a U.S. citizen as a co-signer for students enrolled at colleges in the United States. Most lenders require that you have a Social Security Number (SSN). However, Sallie Mae can provide international students who do not have a SSN with a temporary one until they are able to come to the US and apply for a normal SSN. For students in this situation Sallie Mae or a loan from a bank in your home country may be the best option.
Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan® For Graduate Students
There are hundreds of alternative student lenders from which to choose. Listed below are lenders who have offered alternative loans to MUM students in the past.
You may use any lender and any loan.
These lenders were chosen because our students have received loans from these lenders during the 2012-13 school year.
Sallie Mae, Wells Fargo, and Discover are not affiliated with each other.
Maharishi University of Management maintains a Code of Conduct regarding educational loans.
Tuition, other fees, scholarships, and financial policies are subject to change prior to the entry date.