To be accepted to the M.A. in Education Fast Track program with a specialization in secondary education, applicants are expected to meet the following criteria:
- a liberal arts background, including course work in the humanities, mathematics, biological or physical sciences, and social or behavioral sciences.
- an overall GPA of 3.0 on a four-point scale in their undergraduate coursework.
- the course work requirements in their field of specialization, as determined by the Maharishi University of Management Department of Education together with the State of Iowa. (Candidates for the mathematics high school teaching license, for example, will have to have course work in linear algebra or in abstract algebra, postcalculus geometry, calculus, computer programming, probability and statistics, and discrete mathematics.) For requirements in all licensure fields, please consult the Department of Education directly at 641-472-7000, ext. 5021.
- maturity, motivation, stable judgment and commitment to one’s growth as an educator as demonstrated by personal and professional recommendations, references, a written statement of purpose and an in-depth interview.
- a passing score on the PRAXIS I® test of basic skills, administered by the Educational Testing Service. A minimum score of 168 on each test and an average of 170 is required.
- the equivalent of a TOEFL score of 600 or higher on a standardized test of the English language (international students only).
- three years of work experience in a field related to their teaching area.