Visitors Weekend Travel Information
- Hours for check-in are Thursday between 4:00 – 6:30 pm. If you arrive before Thursday, see our suggestions for places to stay within a few minutes of campus.
- Check in and pick up your room key at the Welcome Desk in the Argiro Student Center, 1000 N 4th Street, Fairfield, IA 52557
- Your accommodations are at the Visitors’ Residence, Building 153, 1116 Heavenly Lane, Fairfield, IA 52556
- Keep in mind that we provide the following during your stay: bedding, pillows, soap, towels and extra blankets. We do not provide shampoo, conditioner, or hair dryers so please bring any items that you consider necessary.
- Weather updates web page
Please be prepared to check out by 5:00 p.m. Saturday. If you need accommodations for any additional days, see our suggestions for places to stay within a few minutes of campus.
MUM offers a scheduled Shuttle Bus Service from Des Moines (DSM) and Cedar Rapids (CID) airports. The round trip fee is $20. Upon arrival on Thursday the departure from DSM is at 3:00 pm CST and from CID at 3:30 pm CST. A driver will meet you at the exit door nearest the baggage claim area. Departure from the University to DSM and CID is scheduled on Saturday at 4:30 pm CST.
- If you need a shuttle, please fill out and submit the MUM Transportation Request Form
- You can make a payment for the Shuttle Bus Service via the link on the form.
- All requests for a driver outside of the Shuttle Bus Service will be charged at the market rate.
Travel Reimbursement (TR)
Travel reimbursements are available to assist in the cost of travel for prospective students visiting Maharishi University of Management for the first time. They range from $50 to $350 and are awarded based upon the following criteria:
- Travel distance from MUM
- Mode of transportation
Each travel reimbursement recipient is required to attend all scheduled Visitor Weekend meetings and events. Exemptions for missing any event must be determined in advance with the Campus Visit Coordinator. Allow for three to four weeks after the weekend for your award funds to be processed and mailed to you.
Contact information for Campus Visit Coordinator
- Office: (641) 470-1321
- Cell (641) 919-1357
- Our office hours are Monday – Friday, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm CST