The Department of Maharishi Vedic Science has developed a new 2 year Post Graduate Certificate program that begins in August 2014. This program has been designed especially for those who already have an MA in Maharishi Vedic Science or Science of Creative Intelligence and would like to continue their studies.
The purpose of the Post Graduate Certificate in Maharishi Vedic Science is to advance your experience and understanding of Maharishi Vedic Science and its technologies of consciousness as total knowledge of life.
One of the most distinctive features of the new Post Graduate Certificate Program is that you will be doing research in the source documents of Maharishi Vedic Science in every course.
This program gives you the opportunity to experience the most rapid growth of higher states of consciousness through the steps of gaining total knowledge in the classroom together with experiencing higher states of consciousness through the collective practice of the Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi program in a large group.
Your program of knowledge and experience will be enhanced through the technology of reading the Vedic Literature in the Devanāgarī script.
The objectives of the program are for you to:
- experience higher states of consciousness, both during meditation and in activity
- be able to describe the experiences of higher states of consciousness simply and clearly
- be able to read the Devanāgarī script with correct pronunciation, smoothly and confidently
- have the ability to analyze and synthesize the impact of Vedic technologies on your life
- understand the fundamental principles of Maharishi Vedic Science including their sequential logic and how they apply to solving problems in various areas of society
- be able to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Consciousness-Based Education and how they apply to your life and to society
This program is ideal for participants in the Invincible America Assembly. You can devote your mornings to the extended practice of the Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi program and enjoy waves of knowledge to complement your experiences.
Or you may apply for the Post Graduate Certificate Intern Program and if accepted you would work at the University in an area of academic or administrative support. In this way, you can expand, apply, and express your growing knowledge of Maharishi Vedic Science in professional settings. A special seminar as part of the Intern Program will meet one evening each month to allow you to integrate the material from your course work with your work experience.
You will take five of six basic courses which build on the knowledge that you gained during your MA program, then a Capstone Writing Project (4 credits) after the completion
of basic courses will allow you to tie together all the knowledge you
The courses are:
- Vedic Knowledge for Everyone, 4 credits
- Automation in Administration, 4 credits
- Sovereignty in Invincibility, 4 credits
- The Structuring Dynamics of the Human Physiology, 4 credits
- Rāmāyan in the Human Physiology, 4 credits
- Dawn of Total Knowledge, 4 credits
Concurrent with each basic course, a Sanskrit seminar (1 credit) will
focus on reading the Vedic Literature in Sanskrit. You will have the
opportunity to develop or refresh your skills of reading the Devanāgarī
script at the beginning of program and on a continuing basis through an
on-line interactive language laboratory.
Requirements for graduation are successful
completion of 5 basic courses, the capstone writing project, and 6
Sanskrit seminars with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or
The program can be completed in 2 years.
Classes meet on Saturday from 7:30 am to 12:10 pm for
extended practice of the Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi program;
Saturday from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm for the basic course; and Tuesday from
8:00 pm to 9:00 pm for the Sanskrit seminar.
The requirements for entering the Post Graduate Certificate Program in Maharishi Vedic Science are:
- Completion of an MA in Maharishi Vedic Science or MA in the Science of Creative Intelligence
- Completion of instruction in the TM-Sidhi program
We will begin offering classes in August 2014.
For more information call the MUM Admissions Office at 800-369-6480 (USA only) or 641-472-1110.