Current Students
Money Stuff
Get a poster approved
See the nurse
Find out what books I need for classes
Get connected to the web
Get Mail or Send Something
Get a phone
Get something fixed in my building
Get TM Checking
Learn about internships
Declare a major
Order a transcript
Request an exception
Get a form I need
Request a directed study
Withdraw from a class
Find my residential advisor
Apply to graduate
Plan an event
Home >  Current Students >  Where to get stuff done >  Request a directed study > 
Directed Study Request

Directed study is allowed only in special cases, such as a course required for graduation not offered at a time the student can take it. Students may apply for Directed Study by following these guidelines:

  • The student must fill out a Directed Study form (pdf) with the faculty who will supervise the course.
  • The Directed Study form must be signed by the Department Chair of the supervising faculty and the supervising faculty.
  • The form must be submitted to the graduation advisor in the enrollment center at least one week before the beginning of the course and must be approved by the Academic Standards Committee.
  • Directed Studies are allowed only on the Fairfield campus.

Directed Study forms submitted after the block begins may not be accepted.

search login