• Its goals are well-aligned with the objectives of the university
• It provides excellent levels of service:
o Support Services are: effective, timely, and courteous, and
o Infrastructure Services: have high-availability, excellent performance, and tight security
• It implements high quality information systems, whose one-time costs are commensurate with their benefits.
• The information systems provide benefits which:
o Increase the number of new students and retention of existing students,
o Increase the university's income,
o Enable more efficient operations, and / or reduce staff,
o Deliver excellent customer service to students, faculty, staff, or other constituents, and
o Generate accurate and timely management information for effective decision making.
• The department strives for continuous improvement using Lean methodology
• There is a core of skilled, long-term IT career professionals committed to serving the University.
• The IT department, itself, sets a good example in the effective use of Information Technology.
• IT Staff are well-rested and growing in their level of consciousness with excellent participation in the Super-radiance Program.