||The Pre-Integrative Medicine Track offers foundational courses in both modern science and Maharishi Ayurveda, and prepares students for a range of graduate training in licensed health professions in integrative medicine.
Integrative medicine is the practice of conventional medicine integrated with natural,
complementary and alternative medical practices.
In our pre-integrative medicine track, we offer courses in the following areas of study
that are required for most naturopathic, chiropractic, osteopathic, or allopathic medical schools:
Physical therapy, occupational therapy, physician assistant, dental, and other health care training programs have similar entrance requirements. Those who are interested in allopathic or osteopathic medical schools will have the opportunity to prepare for the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), which is required by allopathic and osteopathic medical schools.
- Physics: Study of matter, energy, space, and time, and their interrelationships with one another.
- General chemistry: Study of elements and their compounds, except those containing
- Organic chemistry: Study of carbon containing compounds.
- Biochemistry: Study of basic chemical structures and chemical transformations that
- take place in living systems.
- Biology: Study of living organisms, molecular and cell biology, and human physiology.
In the area of foundations of natural medicine, we offer the following areas of study in Maharishi Ayurveda:
- Pulse reading: Learning to detect balance and imbalance in the body by feeling the pulse.
- Diet: Study of diets that balance and nourish the physiology.
- Daily and seasonal routine: Study of how to align the individual life with the daily and seasonal rhythms of natural law.
- Maharishi Ayurveda Wellness Consultant Training: a program to train Maharishi Ayurveda Wellness Consultants. Graduates of the program will be able to consult with clients, family, and friends, helping them achieve higher levels of health and wellness through Maharishi Ayurveda.
- Scientific foundations of health from both modern science and ancient Vedic science: Students will learn foundations of biology, livings systems, and human physiology.