||Campus Safety is responsible for all aspects of safety on campus. Please call 911 for any of the following and then call Campus Security (ext. 1115 or 641-472-1115):
- medical emergencies
- fires, or fire alarms
- severe intoxication or drug overdose
- VIOLENCE: use of force or threat of force directed toward yourself or others. Violence is also defined as an unconsented touching of another which results in physical or mental harm.
Please call Campus Security for the following:
- if you are locked out of your room
- Facilities Management emergencies during off hours
Reporting Criminal Incidents
Promptly report the following qualifying incidents to 911 and then call the Campus Security officers, who are trained in police-reporting procedures:
- All actual or suspected criminal activity
- Violence or threats of violence
- Acts or behaviors that appear to pose a risk of danger to you or to others
Reporting should be made by anyone who notices such activities — faculty, staff, or student. Failure to provide notice of crimes observed may be grounds for disciplinary action. For questions as to whether a behavior is criminal or violent, call the University’s Legal Counsel (641-472-1175 or ext. 1175) after calling 911 and Security.