||Use of Campus Network and other IT infrastructure:
Prohibited Use of Campus Network and other IT infrastructure:
- For MUM Teaching and Academic Endeavors
- For MUM Administrative Activities
- For Limited Personal Use that does not negatively affect others' use, or cause significant extra support or cost.
- Illegal use - prohibited
- Private Business use - prohibited
- Extensive Personal use negatively affecting the use of others - prohibited
- Pornography and Gambling sites - prohibited and filtered
- The Campus Network and its infrastructure is a resource shared by all on campus.
- Over the last few years, there has been an exponential growth in the use of bandwidth per person.
- Growth in Movie-Video Streaming, Video Phone, Downloads of Large Files, and On-line Gaming have all contributed to this.
- The University cannot practically provide large enough Internet bandwidth for everyone to do everything at all times.
- The University does provide bandwidth that is typical of Universities with its size student population and number of campus residents.
- For the benefit of all, one must carefully use and share this precious resource so all can do the most valuable functions requiring Internet Access