||The Maharishi Vedic Science major focuses on the experience, understanding and development of the cosmic potential of every student for individual fulfillment, national invincibility and permanent world peace. Requirements for the major are 48 credits as described below.
The 11 Required Core Courses (44 credits) for the Maharishi Vedic Science Major:
MVS 102 Sanskrit: Learning the Sounds of Nature
MVS 208: Fundamentals of Maharishi Vedic Science
MVS 210: Vedic Literature in Maharishi Vedic Science
MVS 225: Maharishi Vedic Science and Religions
MVS 240: EEG, Brain and Enlightenment
MVS 300: Science of Being, and MVS 302: Bhagavad-Gita
MVS 308: Research Design and Outcomes on the TM Program
MVS 309: Fundamentals of Creating World Peace
MVS 391: MVS Majors Capstone Writing and Speaking Project (2 Blocks)
NOTE: MVS Majors Senior Project course is offered every academic year, other MVS courses are offered every other academic year.
Plus at least 8 credits from one of the following options:
OPTION 1 — Reading Vedic Literature & Consciousness-based Health Care
• MVS 321 Reading the Vedic Literature 1
• MVS 322 Reading the Vedic Literature 2
• MVS 323 Reading the Vedic Literature 3
• MVS 324 Reading the Vedic Literature 4
• MVS 342 Health Benefits of Maharishi Gandharva Veda
• PH 261 Prevention: Creating Perfection and Avoiding Disorder through the Principles and Practices of Maharishi Consciousness-Based Health Care
• PH 260 Self-Pulse Diagnosis
• PH 262 Diet, Digestion, and Nutrition
• PH 263 Maharishi Yoga Asanas
• BIO 260 Biology I: Living Systems
OPTION 2 — TM Program Teacher Training*
• MVS 490 Transcendental Meditation Program Teacher Training
• MVS 491 Transcendental Meditation Program Teacher Training — Part 2
• MVS 492 Transcendental Meditation Program Teacher Training Program Fieldwork
OPTION 3 — TM Program Research Internship*
• MVS 497 Transcendental Meditation Program Research Internship (24 credits)
*Choosing Option 2 or 3 does not guarantee that students will be admitted into MVS 490,
MVS 491, MVS 492, or MVS 497. Students who are not accepted into these courses are
encouraged to take one of the other options, especially in Option 1 — Reading Vedic
Literature. The credits awarded for MVS 490 and MVS 491 are variable.
NOTE: MVS 490, MVS 491, and MVS 492 are generally taken after all other course
work for the bachelor’s degree has been completed.
To graduate with a B.A. in Maharishi Vedic Science for Teachers of the Transcendental Meditation Technique, students must successfully complete all requirements for the bachelor’s degree. (Please refer to “Degree Requirements” in “Academic Policies.”.